1\60 RX-178 Gundam MkII Titan

Armor

hey, no one needs to beable to "do better" in order to critisize. I've never built a model in my life but i'm sure i could find flaws in even a professional model.

my problem is when people simply state "thats not great" or what ever, it's not useful it's just mean.

tell him what you see wrong with it, if you can, give him tips. be CONSTRUCTIVE.

if you post a un-backed opinion, expect to get more opinionated replys.

kingnor are you psychic? you just typed what i was going to say..

hey, no one needs to beable to "do better" in order to critisize. I've never built a model in my life but i'm sure i could find flaws in even a professional model.

my problem is when people simply state "thats not great" or what ever, it's not useful it's just mean.

tell him what you see wrong with it, if you can, give him tips. be CONSTRUCTIVE.

if you post a un-backed opinion, expect to get more opinionated replys.

Hm. My problem used with the particular silvering technique used here is that it is too heavy, and too evenly dispersed.

On the one hand, one would expect this kind of 'paint scrapage' to occur on surfaces that are likely to have a lot of contact with exterior surfaces. Obviously the lower areas of the feet would have a lot of contact with ground, spacecraft decks, etc. Other areas that could be expected to experience a lot of contact would be the shield, maybe the knees if the gundam was often put into a kneeling position... and perhaps the shoulders if the pilot of the gundam liked to ram other targets with any sort of tackling maneuver. But certainly, other areas would be more protected from physical blows, and should have little or no paint scrapage.

On the other hand... such heavy scraping (as indicated by really large areas of exposed silver metal) would only result from truly heavy blows or abrupt impact with surrounding surfaces. And in the case of such a heavy blow or impact... one would expect some real physical damage in addition to whatever paint might be scraped off. But this kit shows no such physical damage... it's all a paint effect. So it just feels a little anomalous. If one doesn't want to get into the physical damage aspect (such as gouging small pieces of plastic away from the affected edges and surfaces), one should keep the silvering very light, so as to suggest only moderate blows and contact with surfaces.

How's that for backing up things a little better? Like I said, I did this on a couple of kits myself when I was first starting out, so I can see where the guy is coming from. But some years of experience have tought me the value of subtlety. And by paying close attention to the methodology behind one's efforts, one can really achieve a much more convincingly realistic effect.

"Good day in the morning!" I had know idea this was going to go in this direction. But, thanks for looking out for me guys. Let me lay some things out. My son is crying I'll be back.

Ok, I want to thank everyone again for your great comments. I think everyone remembers my posting of my 1\60 PG GPO1 Fb. Now that was my second model I have ever built. Yes I am a begginer. I picked up some wheathering skills from customizing my 1\48 Yameys. So I scorched that Gundam up but good. And "I" loved the way it turned out. An many of you too. Thanks. This one I wanted to keep it strait. Out of the box if you will. But I did repaint it with flat paint. But I stuck to the same colors. "I" wanted it that way. I like wheathered looking stuff so I chipped it up a little with the dry brushing. "I" wanted it to look exactly the way it is. I have so much fun wheathering toys and models. I also like posting everthing for you guys. I love seeing eveyone elses stuff too. Even if I have the same thing. I love toys and models. Grand Cannon, Dude your to much lol. Now I've spent about 10 hours on this one. Most of the time is taken up by fileing those little tips. Now for the pic, sorry I must have a cheap cam. I really like posting and replying here with everone. Last , I want everone to know that my life with my wife and two kids and one on it's way is very involved and the most important thing to me. Can you see where all my time really goes. I can take any kind of shot! Thanks again guys.

Last , I want everone to know that my life with my wife and two kids and one on it's way is very involved and the most important thing to me. Can you see where all my time really goes. I can take any kind of shot! Thanks again guys.

:blink:

I also have a 5-yr old daughter who thinks Gundam, and everything else mecha, is "gross"...

...a wife who pretty much thinks "it's all just plastic dust-collectors"....

...and a son due this Thursday!!! (Congrats on yours! :D )

Fahgettabout me praising your model.....I'm amazed you're able to build anything!!!

"Bless ya, laddie! Bless ya!"