The Star Wars Fanboy Debate Thread

Hurin

Too many Star Wars threads have been hijacked by the age-old Original Trilogy vs Prequels debate. Someone will pipe in. . . then someone feels a need to respond. . . and soon a thread about Episode III or the Clone Wars (or even Indiana Jones) will be taken far off course.

This thread is intended to house all those debates so that we can leave the other threads unmolested. From now on these debates can be taken here.

First, some ground rules:

• Please don't pop in just to say how little you care about (or dislike) Star Wars or the differences (and/or similarities) between the movies. That's not the topic of this thread. And this thread is for people who do care. Now move along. Feel free to go find threads that you do care about rather than spending time posting in this thread about how you're above it all.
  • Please don't pop into the thread simply to state a one-line opinion. If you care to comment here, please be prepared to give some reasoning and/or evidence to back up your opinion. In other words, Agent One need not apply ;)
  • Let's not dismiss arguments because they come from "fanboys". . . nothing is funnier to me than a person dismissing an argument as "fanboy whining". . . then going on to talk about how they wrote an essay on how midichlorians don't ruin Episode I at all! There are fanboys whose fanboy-ness causes them to hate the new movies. There are also fanboys whos fanboy-ness causes them to defend every thing that George Lucas does. For the purposes of this discussion, we're all fanboys. :lol:
  • Let's keep it civil for once. You can say that an argument is illogical, faulty, or silly. But let's not call anyone idiots.

Okay. . . so, that' about it. None of those rules conflict with the MW rules. And, obviously, they're optional. I'm no mod. . . and I can't enforce them. But I've grown very tired of the Star Wars debates descending into three or four different people popping in just to state "All the movies are the same and equally good/bad and you're all dorks for saying that there are any differences."

Edited by Hurin

1999 called. It wants this topic back. Maybe your time would be better spent on something that hasn't been argued to death, like yet another Macross 7 thread?

Or, maybe it would be nice if this topic didn't pop up over and over and over again in several different threads only to end in the exact same way. This is an attempt to stop that. And, since you take part in such arguments nearly every time, I would think you'd appreciate a place to share your wisdom.

H

Or, maybe it would be nice if this topic didn't pop up over and over and over again in several different threads only to end in the exact same way. This is an attempt to stop that. And, since you take part in such arguments nearly every time, I would think you'd appreciate a place to share your wisdom.

H

Frankly I'm tired of the whole debate and am looking forward to May 20th when it'll all be over. Go to any film message board and you'll see that these topics are like a cancer. Nobody is going to change their mind at this point, and life is too short to waste time arguing about this poo anymore. But since you seem to feel otherwise, go right ahead. Either way, I give this thread another 3 hours before a mod locks it.

Calling Macross7 "gay" is inslurming to gays, because even in their (potential) sissieness they are still much cooler and socially acceptable than Macross7 or Macross7 fans.

Frankly I'm tired of the whole debate and am looking forward to May 20th when it'll all be over. Go to any film message board and you'll see that these topics are like a cancer. Nobody is going to change their mind at this point, and life is too short to waste time arguing about this poo anymore. But since you seem to feel otherwise, go right ahead. Either way, I give this thread another 3 hours before a mod locks it.

This is all very funny considering you're currently debating me as we speak over here, thereby hijacking another thread. . .

Yet you would rather continue hijacking that thread and crapping all over this one rather than discussing it here.

If you don't want to discuss it, if you don't want to read it, then don't! But why would you want to continue hijacking the Clone Wars thread?

Either way, I give this thread another 3 hours before a mod locks it.

Well. . .

Here's what Max Jenius told me to do when I asked for some Star Wars discussion forums other than MW to discuss these things because MW:

Hurin, you should just talk about SW here. You know and have a pretty good relationship with a lot of people. Has there been much immaturity on this board? I've just seen PT vs OT, but nothing too harsh.

H

Edited by Hurin

Guys, seriously, I'm asking you nicely. Will you please just leave this thread alone. It does no harm to you by existing and may very well save other threads from being hijacked.

I truly don't understand why you can't just go your own ways and/or choose to take part in a discussion constructively.

H

This is all very funny considering you're currently debating me as we speak over here, thereby hijacking another thread. . .

Yet you would rather continue hijacking that thread and crapping all over this one rather than discussing it here.

Again you seem to have misconstrued just what we were discussing there. The "debate" in the clone wars thread is only tangentially related to SW and is not really related to anything PT versus OT. I'm simply pointing out your flawed notion that the PT films are somehow "unpopular." But in regards to this thread, by all means argue away! Being that this is the interweb, I'm sure there'll be somebody along in a little while who hasn't had their share of arguing.