Haruhiko Mikimoto autographed work ?

Project_mr2

Does anyone else have autographed work done by Haruhiko Mikimoto? A friend pick this up for me, I intend to frame it when I have a chance.

The work measures 9 1/2 inches x 10 5/8 inches

Very cool! I have seen these on Yahoo Japan Auctions before, but its just another aspect to Macross collecting I can't afford to get into because there is no end to it and they are so pricey!

I do have a print of a HAL Mylene signature that he did for Anime Expo (I think):

MIKIMOTOMYLE.JPG

Does anyone else have autographed work done by Haruhiko Mikimoto? A friend pick this up for me, I intend to frame it when I have a chance.

The work measures 9 1/2 inches x 10 5/8 inches

If you need framing pointers, you could probably ask ruskiiVFaussie, seeing as he's already done it for his:

med_gallery_3118_61_365903.jpg

Very cool! I have seen these on Yahoo Japan Auctions before, but its just another aspect to Macross collecting I can't afford to get into because there is no end to it and they are so pricey!

I do have a print of a HAL Mylene signature that he did for Anime Expo (I think):

THUMBMIKIMOTOMYL.JPG

Yep, that'd be from AnimeExpo '95. There's a poster version of that print, too.

And, yeah, the original autographed sketches are pretty expensive; collecting them is arguably as hard as quality cel collecting. Here's one of Misa that I have:

48597807.jpg

Indeed shikishis are expensive and can cost as much as high end DRYL and FB cels. However they are not as rare per se as production cels. Nice additions Project_mr2, Totoro242, and veffidas.

Mods: Can we merge this thread with the existing cels thread b/c these are both original artwork? Also this thread will get pushed down over time b/c so few people have shikishis. Just a thought, wouldn't want to loose these beauties over time since people do not search for Mikimoto autographed works as much as cels.

I got to actually meet mikimoto at the Anime Expo back in 2001. I got him to sign his illustrated book and draw minmay too. It's the same exact one he drew for ruskiiVFaussie. I think I should take a pix of that when I get a chance. The one pix I do have is me and mikimoto!

Me_and_Mikimoto.jpg

• 2 months later...
I got to actually meet mikimoto at the Anime Expo back in 2001. I got him to sign his illustrated book and draw minmay too. It's the same exact one he drew for ruskiiVFaussie. I think I should take a pix of that when I get a chance. The one pix I do have is me and mikimoto!

Me_and_Mikimoto.jpg

You are so lucky to have met him, Mikimoto is my Idol!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 4 months later...