Shoji Kawamori to attend C3 in Hong Kong

According to the announcement on the C3 website, Mr. Kawamori and Ms. Risa Ebata (Macross Frontier character designer) will both attend the Macross Frontier Talkshow. The show is scheduled to be on Apr 25th from 5:50pm to 7:50pm at Star Hall. The announcement then went on to give a brief profile of both Kawamori and Ebata. Not much details were disclosed regarding the talk show. Will keep you guys posted if I hear more. Hopefully, we will find out something about the movie.

Stopped by the exhibition today but was quite disappointed by what were on display. Nothing that we haven't already seen. There was a booth dedicated to all the works created by Shoji Kawamori, including Mac F, but they were mostly design sketches. An official creator's handbook by Kawamori san is also available for sale, but I didn't feel like spending HK$200 bucks on it.

Here are some pics taken by others if you are interested:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-93508-1-1.html

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-93537-1-1.html

Note that the only pleasant surprise are some soon to be released products by Fewture. Guardian fans will love it.

Despite the disppointed display of what I think are bunch of crappy toys, the models looks alright?!

The models look alright, but like I said, nothing we haven't already seen, except for the Psycho Gundam Hong Kong night edition . It's basically a chromed version of the regular Psycho Gundam and is quite an eye candy.

Let's hope tomorrow's talk show with Kawamori san will be better.

Graham, Noel and myself attended the show on Saturday on a very last minute notice.

The show, supposedly the first C3 show held outside of Japan was, well small and not that thrilling. As C3 shows are sponsored and backed by BanDai, one can already guess that most items on display are either direcetly by BanDai, associated with BanDai or if independant have strict guidelines to follow.

Kawamori and Ebata were to appear on the same day but I only managed to get a glimpse of the later as the man himslef were to appear very late afternoon and I had previous engagement.

Anyways, I took some pics of the show and will post it but shortly.

Graham, Noel and myself attended the show on Saturday on a very last minute notice.

The show, supposedly the first C3 show held outside of Japan was, well small and not that thrilling. As C3 shows are sponsored and backed by BanDai, one can already guess that most items on display are either direcetly by BanDai, associated with BanDai or if independant have strict guidelines to follow.

Kawamori and Ebata were to appear on the same day but I only managed to get a glimpse of the later as the man himslef were to appear very late afternoon and I had previous engagement.

Anyways, I took some pics of the show and will post it but shortly.

Did graham managed to talk to Kawamori and ask him to kick Yamato into shape or something? :lol:

Some pics taken by other people:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-93711-1-1.html

The talkshow was basically an informal Q&A session. And the questions were pretty standard ones, such as, what is the most memorable part about making Macross F, Kawamori's favorite character, favorite valkyrie, etc... Nothing new, but it was entertaining to hear from the man himself. My only complaint is the interpreter. She should have at least done some research on Kawamori and Macross.

There were two highlights during the show though:

1) Kawamori displayed a VF-25 built using Lego blocks and claimed that only 3 exist in the world. It has perfect transformation with no part swapping and only took less than a minute to transform. Quite cool in my opinion. Let's hope that Bandai will release it as a toy

2) Kawamori drew a VF-25F, while Ebata drew Alto, Sheryl and Ranka on the spot. You can see pics in the link above

After the show was over, they were also nice enough to give autographs before leaving.

All in all, it was a fun show, but like I said, nothing new about the Macross F movie was revealed, except that it will be coming this fall. Actually, Kawamori also teased us to watch the movie to find out if Michael is still alive.

I heard that Kawamori had a very tight schedule during his visit in HK, and I wonder if he met up with the Yamato people.

Edited by Ivan