Moderation of fanart

I don't really mind the moderation if it was stated beforehand what is questionable and what is not. I understand mod's views on their sensitivity of the issue but I do feel some people make comments about "lolikon" and "paedophilia" and "explicitness" are bordering on finger pointing.

Another example was the Dynamite 7 thread where again somebody claimed that Macross 7 Dynamite was pandering on the paedophiles due to a bath scene. That really made me think of our moral perceptions in this forum where small innocent things get construed into something more sinister and disturbing than it actually is. It may not be 100% "churchmouse" now. But it sure as hell is getting there. But i'm no mod, and i'm no sponsor, so my comments hold no water. I like posting in this forum as one of the more mature ones (some ppl disagree though... :lol:) out there.

Anyway i hope everyone understands that I agree said picture posted was kind of not PC, but just saying it doesn't warrant a total thread closure. It feels abit excessive but as Jsarclight said they were working out something....so shrug. I'm not campaigning for a ADULTS ONLY or VIP only forum.

I support the re-opening of the Clan of Klan posthaste. The way I see it, lessons were learned and lines were drawn and understood pretty well by everyone here. Certain issues were identified as off limits and understood, even to the point of having a guideline for Klan pics. In my opinion the issues were already resolved and there's no reason to postpone the unlocking of the Clan of Klan thread any longer.

Spoken as a true B.O.I.N.G. member. :3

Edited by renkenjutsu

• 2 weeks later...

while i hate to see my buddy wolfx BANNED for this. at the same time i gotta side with the mods, they clearly stated what would happen if offencive material was posted. maybe "offencive" wasn't defined clearly or what ever.

as far as i'm concerned MW is one of the best sites on the web for an anime fan site. routeinly this site has clashes of ideas that DON'T erupt into the retarded rantings that are so common on the internet. i appreciate the family friendly nature of the site (it's a site i generally never have to worry about opening in a public setting or at work) and the generally even handed.

Personally i'd rather my MW devoid of the indulgent smut so common on the web and steriotyped in anime. If that's what you want to see step on over to 4chan or some other site where that's what it's all about.

Anyway Wolfx is a long time member and it really sucks he has to be banned for this one thing. I could understand a week suspension of hsi account or something as a warning to follow the rules. but that's not up to me. I hope things can get sorted out maturely.

I've very much hate to see this awesome web comunity get fractured and "angryfied" by this thread and it's consequences...

So Wolfx got banned.

What I'd like to know is, why wait three weeks to do it and then give no explanation whatsoever to the community? The guy f*c*ed up and posted a pic he shouldn't have. The thread was closed and the pic was deleted (I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure it was) Everybody was warned not to EVER post pics or links to material like that EVER again. Wolfx sincerely appologised and promised to never do it again. a couple of weeks go by, everyone settles down and things go back to normal and all of a sudden he's banned!

Why?!

MW community--> :blink:<_<:angry::(:mellow::blink::huh::unsure:<_<:wacko:

So Wolfx got banned.

Why?!

It would seem that they can ban who they want when they want and for any reason. AWESOME!!! I am certain I will get banned soon enough :p . Of course for what.....who knows :huh: .

:ph34r:

OK, this is information control.

There seems to be a LOT of speculation and half facts floating around about this, so here are the FACTS. Wolfx was indeed banned a week ago when this issue was resolved by the staff... HOWEVER it is only a temporary ban. Wolfx will be able to return in a little while and this has been communicated to him. This issue was complicated when Wolfx returned to the site under a different account (which is not allowed under MW rules) and began posting again before waiting for clarification from the staff as to his status. This resulted in him being banned "again". Somewhere there has been a communication breakdown, we are not sure where but suffice it to say, Wolfx is only temporarily banned and he should be aware of this now as a high ranking admin is handling his "case".

This is a matter between the site staff and Wolfx which we consider closed at this point and with due respect to the membership here there is no need for further discussion as it only serves to further spin and warp the situation at hand. Rest assured we are not banning people "because we feel like it" arbitrarily. We are here to ensure everyone has a fair chance to enjoy the site and that we all play by the rules.