Jetfire as opposed to Skyfire

KingNor

To what capacity did Jetfire show up in the Transformers universe?

when he was in the show, did he look like a valkyrie? i remember seeing Skyfire, but from what i understand, jetfire is not skyfire and is a diffrent character.

soooo..... anyone have a picture or something of jetfire in Transformers?

the article says its shockwave, i guess the guys drawing got a little confused. parts of him ARE purple.

Here is the Ad.

From the page:

http://deepfire.net/~robots/jetfire/jetfireg1.html

From the Rabid Jetfire Page, well below the photos of the TV commercial (and link) says, "CATALOGS". (scroll down to look)

The picture below that "CATALOGS" heading is from the Dutch Transformers catalog, in which Jetfire is leader of the Autobots in a showdown with Megatron when the toys were released in the Netherlands in 1985. There's pictures of that below the page, including a mini-comic story of Jetfire vs. Megatron.

However, it was corrected in 1986, putting Optimus Prime where he belongs and Jetfire bumps down to the rank of "Air Guardian".

Cool! From that page I just learned that my old Jetfire is one of the first Matsushiro versions, as it has the painted-on UN SPACY insignia on the wing, lined canopy, and finer "ridged" detail on antennae. I never knew there was a difference in Jetfires. Anyone know how rare this particular Matsushiro is?

Cool! From that page I just learned that my old Jetfire is one of the first Matsushiro versions, as it has the painted-on UN SPACY insignia on the wing, lined canopy, and finer "ridged" detail on antennae. I never knew there was a difference in Jetfires. Anyone know how rare this particular Matsushiro is?

Very. Jetfire's debut into the G1 line was at early as 1984, hence the introduction of Jetfire/Skyfire into the show's first season (all TFs shown in the 1984 co-inside with their toy releases). As Ginrai of Masterforce.org said, Matsushiro once produced 1/55 Valkyries in early 1984 before it went bankrupt like Takatoku and was bought up by Bandai.

Since Bandai took over production of Jetfire very quickly, Matsushiro's version probably ran in 3 months or less.

Bandai and Hasbro did managed to renew the production deal to make Jetfire for the G1 line on 1985. As a bonus, Bandai dug up some of old Takatoku toy molds and added more Bandai-made Transformers: the Deluxe Insecticons, Roadbuster and Whirl. Takara got upset with this and told Hasbro not to feature them into the show nor allowed to be released in Japan. Yet, Takara let it slide for the remainder of the year until the Movie debuted and replace the Bandai/Diaclone/Microman stuff with all-original designs later on.

It should be noted that Jetfire's unique dull-pointed nosecone also ended up on Bandai's 1/55 Elintseeker Valkyrie toy, implying that both the Elintseeker and Jetfire were produced under the same assembly line. Sighted reports from Transformers fans who bought some Elintseekers (from eBay, etc.) have Jetfire's unique red FAST Pack armor. It is likely during the last production run of the Elintseekers, they ran out of its armor and they stuffed the overstocked Jetfire armor instead. I also heard that it's very hard to find in a MISB condition.

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

Wow, thanks for all the info! I just assumed all these years that every Jetfire had the UN SPACY emblem painted on the wing... which made me resent Hasbro that much more for "stealing." I even went so far as to peel the Autobot sticker off his nosecone when I was 12.

I just wish I had taken better care of this thing when I was younger. He's pretty yellowed from all the years I left him posing near my windows (I didn't know any better back then). :(

Ah well, he's probably not worth much (money-wise) in his current condition, but I'd never want to part with him due to nostalgia anyways. It's cool to know I have a rare one, though.

Yeah I purchased a lot long while back and was happy to find many of them were the rarer varients, a Matsushiro JF, and ton of pre-rubsign bots. Hey are pre-rubs on the 2nd series very rare? I thought rubsigns were on them all by this time but I got several series twos without rubsigns.

Yes, any prerub series 2 are very rare. The rub signs became the mark of an official Transformer.

The rub signs actually began as a promotion. With each Bumblebee sized bot, you got a smaller TF 'mini-spies' that had a rub-sign on it. It could have been an Autobot or a Deception. You didn't know until you rubbed the sign. After that all toys had them. I guess bootleggers couldn't reproduce it so it was a true Transformer if they had it.

Its funny, I've seen bootlegs were they sort of reproduce it. The general look of the sticker and the symbol showing. It is not a rub sign and stays the same way all the time.

In that Jetfire vs. Megatron picture, Jetfire almost looks like some kind of Fast Pack version of ROM:Spaceknight...

I'm curious where the original design for Megatron came from (which is sort of what that 'Shockwave' image is based on). The rounded, dark helmet really doesn't fit any part of the gun like the head on the actual toy and eventual cartoon depiction does. The dark helmet Megatron appeared in a number of the early cartoon parts of the tv ads and also in the comic before coming around to the more common (and accurate) depiction we know and love.