Macross Arcade

Skull00

Just an aside, but the roms are available at EMUAsylum and there is sound support for all of the Macross games in the most recent versions of MAME.

310966[/snapback]

I usually hit PlanetEmu for my "1337 W4r3z RAWMZ"

Well then here's my setup:

Got the SDF macross pcb in a box somewhere... after about 20 minutes it gets old, so I popped in Raiden Fighters instead. More arcade pics in the sig around page 2/3.

310963[/snapback]

Oooooh, Radiant Silvergun. Damn, that was probably more reasonably priced than the Saturn port. :lol: Very cool collection. How do you import your cabinets?

Edited by yellowlightman

Oooooh, Radiant Silvergun. Damn, that was probably more reasonably priced than the Saturn port. :lol: Very cool collection. How do you import your cabinets?

311225[/snapback]

You got that right. The saturn version seems to be going for about 130-160 right now (even in japan), whereas the arcade cart (no motherboard) is only about 80-120.

99% of my japanese cabs came from Arcade Infinity over in the Diamond Bar area in LA. So if you're interested in some jap cabs, be sure to check them out. ;)

You got that right. The saturn version seems to be going for about 130-160 right now (even in japan), whereas the arcade cart (no motherboard) is only about 80-120.

When I was last in Japan my friend nearly convinced me to buy the Saturn port, simply because I could play it and then resell it on eBay and make some profit. I declined, just as well since I ended up being short on cash. :lol:

99% of my japanese cabs came from Arcade Infinity over in the Diamond Bar area in LA. So if you're interested in some jap cabs, be sure to check them out.  ;)

311276[/snapback]

Cool! I don't have the money or space for an arcade cabinet right now, but someday I'd sure like to. Japanese cabinets are so much nicer than their American counterparts.

99% of my japanese cabs came from Arcade Infinity over in the Diamond Bar area in LA. So if you're interested in some jap cabs, be sure to check them out.  ;)

311276[/snapback]

Cool! I don't have the money or space for an arcade cabinet right now, but someday I'd sure like to. Japanese cabinets are so much nicer than their American counterparts.

311281[/snapback]

Get a cocktail cab. Can use it as a table, so the space isn't wasted. :p

*does a Google image search*

Ooooohhhh... didn't know the Ms. Pac/Galaga board came in a cocktail... Namco really pulled all the stops out for that one.

http://ombion.blogspot.com/pacman.cocktail...ideo%20game.jpg

Personally speaking, when/if I get me a cab, it's gonna be the classic plywood box.

No slur on the molded japanese cabs, but it just doesn't feel right sitting down at an arcade machine to me.

Personally speaking, when/if I get me a cab, it's gonna be the classic plywood box.

No slur on the molded japanese cabs, but it just doesn't feel right sitting down at an arcade machine to me.

311327[/snapback]

Not a big fan of the cocktail cabinets, little too old school for me. :)

I guess its a personal thing, I love the Japanese style cabinets. Much for comfortable to sit down if you're planning on spending some serious time in front of a game, in my opinion.

311327[/snapback]

Not a big fan of the cocktail cabinets, little too old school for me. :)

I guess its a personal thing, I love the Japanese style cabinets. Much for comfortable to sit down if you're planning on spending some serious time in front of a game, in my opinion.

311395[/snapback]

I get too relaxed if I'm sitting down. I slack off and screw up.

Besides, I'm likely not gonna last 5 minutes anyways. :p

*does a Google image search*

Ooooohhhh... didn't know the Ms. Pac/Galaga board came in a cocktail... Namco really pulled all the stops out for that one.

http://ombion.blogspot.com/pacman.cocktail...ideo%20game.jpg

311327[/snapback]

Those reproduction cocktail cabs are quite nice. Some of our local movie theaters have them. If I ever get a big enough place I'd like to have 2 home arcade setups: 1 w/ 80s vintage US cabs and 1 japanese cab area. LOL

When I first started collecting cabs, all I had were US cabs. Had a row of 7 dynamo made cabs llined up on one side of the garage and some pre-jamma sega/data east/taito cabs on the other side. However, once the jap cab bug bit I sold off a few and had friends store the others. Right now only got 2 us cabs at my pad and the rest at some of my friend's homes. One day, one day.... :rolleyes: