Another Scopedog custom!

Guppy

Finally finished painting and weathering my Yamato scopedog. After seeing Tim Brisko's one with the red shoulder I wanted to do the same. I chose a dark dull red for mine to make it realistic - you don't want a big bright clown nose on your shoulder to draw attention!

Pulling the toy apart is really simple, except for the legs which have springs and quite a few screws. Airbrushing it took no time at all; the dry brushing took me a week. Well, I'd get bored and give up after an hour or two a night.

I probably weathered it a bit much, but when you start it's hard to stop! :D

Pics:

scope012jh.th.jpg scope022ap.th.jpg scope039ks.th.jpg scope048yk.th.jpg scope051zu.th.jpg

scope067uk.th.jpg scope077ng.th.jpg scope083fb.th.jpg scope096tp.th.jpg scope106zn.th.jpg

Wow indeed great work, i am not to familiar with this series but i know what i like a excellent custom. by the way do you have a 1/48 Macross Yamato customs?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Wow indeed great work, i am not to familiar with this series but i know what i like a excellent custom. by the way do you have a 1/48 Macross Yamato customs?

chris

329683[/snapback]

thanks! I've customised 2 1/60's and 3 1/55's and even a Toynami Master Piece, but not a 1/48.. I can't afford to buy a spare one to custom! :(

My next project (been meaning to do this for a year now) is to customise a Yamato 11b into a 11c paint scheme. I got some line art from Graham and will pick one of 'em.

Really nice Custom Guppy!!

ou have been talking about that VF 11B since last year...  <_<

329703[/snapback]

one day... one day! Maybe 2007. :lol:

But by then the 11b might be too rare to customise!

Nice job, it looks great.  Are you planning on getting the Melquiya 'dog?  I have mine preordered along with the accesory packs.  Now I just need to find a place to display them.  I didn't realize just how big the scopedog was until I got mine.

329945[/snapback]

Nah, one 'dog is enough for me. Like you say, they are pretty big, so no room for 2! If it's cheaper for you I saw that hlj.com have the Melquiyas on sale at the moment.

here's what it looked like in pieces:

parts028qz.jpg

Edited by Guppy