Gundam SEED special editions question

Effect

I have to say, when I first watched Gundam SEED while it was coming out it was a turn off. I didn't care for it. Since watching it on Cartoon Network on Saturday's I've decided to give it another chance. That and I've really been looking for a new series to get into cause the way two of my favorite have been going (Star Wars EU, Robotech) I've decided to look for greener pastures so to speak, at least for the time being. Anyway since going in with a new outlook and watching all 50 episodes plus the 5min OVA I've grown to really like the series but it sucks that a few of my favorite characters in the series ended up dying (Mwu, Kruz, Flay). Anyway since the special editions as talked about on www.mahq.net are sort similar to the condensed movie versions that MSG, Turn A Gundam got and now the Zeta movies that will be coming out, I'd really like to check them out and see what changes were made, if things were made clearer. Like how Char shown alive at the end of MSG movie was added cause it wasn't clear in the series. Going by screens and info about SEED Destiny I'd hope they'd make it clear if Kruz died or not. For being such a major character his death was far to quick and happen really fast while all the other deaths in the show of main characters were slow and emotional somewhat, even the later Gundam pilots. His went by like it was nothing and that really has been bothering me.

Anyway I remember MAHQ saying that two episodes were released in March. Have any others been released and have they been fansubed?

Kruuze is indeed dead. He hasn't pulled a Hyaku Shiki.

If it's a new anime series you need, I recommend Super Sylph Yukikaze, Samurai Champloo, Tenjou Tenge, or holding out for the Zeta Gundam TV series box set coming out in December (or the Zeta movies coming out in 2005).

Yukikaze is great but its taking a long time to come out, like Macross Zero and the new Tenchi OVA. Though the last two (Zero and Tenchi) are suffering from the same thing though. Both are dragging and have gotten boring. Tenjou last time I checked had a lot of fan service in it and I really have to be in a certain mood to watch it.

I did check out Scryed and Tokyo Underground. Pretty good series but with horrible endings in my opinion. Maybe I'll finish up Final Fantasy Unlimited and maybe check out Hunter x Hunter or Lodoss War TV. That should be low in price now. I only have the original OVA and the Legend of Crystania movie, want to check out the rest but never got around to it.

Shame, I was hoping he wasn't dead. :( Oh well. I really wish they would say if Kira was in the new series. I didn't care for Athrun at all, evne with all of Kira's crying and rightfully so at times he was a FAR better character. If they do bring him back I hope he isn't reduced to a short role or a simple cameo.

Has anyoen seen the other two in the raw version? Anyone know what changes there were if any?

The first one covers the beginning of the series through to the Desert arc and has a number of new scenes - some with Rusty (Asuran's friend, who was intended to be the pilot of Strike but was killed before getting to it), a couple of changes to the fight between Kira and Miguel, plus a bunch of other minor reanimations of scenes.

Oh, and some purely gratuitous added fanservice - such as added Cagalli nudity, extending of the Kira/Flay sex scene, showing the deaths of the people inside the shuttle that Yzak shoots down, etc.

All the voice acting has been newly redone.

The second special editions covers from the Sea arc through to the end of the Orb arc, and has almost no changes at all.

Other than again having had the voice acting redone, the only new scene I could clearly remember is a detailed version of the scene were Tolle is decapitated by the Aegis' shield, and a new set of ending credits. I think there may be some other new scenes of dialogue but I can't tell without subtitles.