Takatoku 1/100 Hikaru 1J

Anasazi37

My best friend just gave me this as a thank you for helping out on some work projects of his. Knowing my Macross addiction he went hunting in the Bay Area for something special. He said he found this 1J hiding in a vintage toy store in Alameda. It's seen better days, but I've never come across one of these before. The MW toy section only has the 1S variant listed. How rare is this toy?

post-4-1090190040_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

All of the 1/100s are rare, although the Takatokus are rarer than the Bandai 1/100 VF-1A. Price for them depends on the usual stuff (condition of everything, even if everything's there), but the Takatokus are $40-$60, although when they're in good condition they go for a lot (primarily due to one person on ebay).

There were 4 1/100 Takatoku Variants

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J Max

VF-1S

VF-1A

Edited by nemesis120

All of the 1/100s are rare, although the Takatokus are rarer than the Bandai 1/100 VF-1A. Price for them depends on the usual stuff (condition of everything, even if everything's there), but the Takatokus are $40-$60, although when they're in good condition they go for a lot (primarily due to one person on ebay).

There were 4 1/100 Takatoku Variants

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J Max

VF-1S

VF-1A

Thanks for the info! :D

If that toy was a gift from your best friend, I guess it shoud be very rare for you, whatever people say

:blink:

Very true, especially since he spent A LOT of time trying to find something I might like. It now has a place of honor in my collection, right next to my 1/55 GBP-1S. :D

I bet I've seen that exact item since I was at a used toy store in Alameda a year or so ago and saw a 1/100 1J there. You can't quite tell from the picture but the face plate sticker is a little messed up, not that I think it would seriously affect the value.

I agree that $40-$60--or more--is a reasonable price for one that's in unbroken condition with the box.

Cool friend you have! He went through a whole lot of effort to get that rare find for you. :)

Great gift, Devin! Definitely I great friend, too!!

Got my 3 1/100 Taks (-1A, -1J Hik, -1S) back in the early '90s in about the same condition at a long-defunct Mom&Pop import toy store :( .....and almost wanted to part with them to get some newer stuff, but I then smacked myself for bringing it up. :blink:

Enjoy!!