Macross Mix Tape

JRock

About three years ago I bought a mix CD at a record shop purely because of the cover. Since then, I've tried in vain to gather any info of the DJ who made it, and more importantly, why a Valk as a cover? I have a pic for proof. Sorry if it's not clear enough but I don't have an actual digital camera. I used my cell phone cam to take this pic.

If anybody is going to Otakon, I will bring it to the Macross panel.

post-26-1089862753.jpg

My best guess would be the DJ liked the VF-1S and thought it would look cool as a cover. Who knows if the DJ knows about Macross or not. If his mixes have any other references to Macross in the titles he probably does know something about it. One time my friend went to a rave and told me there was a giant Lagi (from Panzer Dragoon) hanging from the ceiling. He knew about the game but I doubt many of the ravers did. Again, it was probably just a prop put up because it looked cool.

Yeah, I'm sure the valk was used because it looks cool. A Ninja Tune (it's a label that carries a lot of DJs and electronic music artists) compilation came out a few years ago that has a Gundam model on the cover and all over the inner artwork. Same sort of thing I would guess, just looks cool.