Has the Fire Bomber band ever play U.S. convention

Did he talk about it during the event last Monday? I really wish I could have seen it. Are you going to be making a report of it?

I don't think I'll be reporting anything for a while... I was supposed to give a presentation today (my birthday, of all days) and all the damn Powerpoint file decided to go walkabout last night. So, like Fukuyama, my data is gone, and I have to reschedule for next week, which means that by now, when I should have sighed with cathartic relief, that feeling shall have to be postponed...

Damn Powerpoint.

As for the Bikini song, yeah, in the Acogi (Acoustic Guitar) Tour he did, there was a trio of songs with the "sadness/anger" theme, and this is how it went:

Hachigatsu Muika

Bikini no sora no kienai hi

Galapagos

Galapagos really was an awesome performance, with improvised, long guitar solos here and there (each time the lighting changes to pure red), almost nothing like the record. He's really good at that, I think he needs to do that a lot more in his shows.

I don't think I'll be reporting anything for a while... I was supposed to give a presentation today (my birthday, of all days) and all the damn Powerpoint file decided to go walkabout last night. So, like Fukuyama, my data is gone, and I have to reschedule for next week, which means that by now, when I should have sighed with cathartic relief, that feeling shall have to be postponed...

Happy Birthday... a day late.

I hope today, at least, is better for you and your computer. Just out of curiousity, how old are you?

Me? I'm a month older than Fukuyama-san. :p

As for the Bikini song, yeah, in the Acogi (Acoustic Guitar) Tour he did, there was a trio of songs with the "sadness/anger" theme, and this is how it went:

Hachigatsu Muika

Bikini no sora no kienai hi

Galapagos

Galapagos really was an awesome performance, with improvised, long guitar solos here and there (each time the lighting changes to pure red), almost nothing like the record. He's really good at that, I think he needs to do that a lot more in his shows.

"akogi"

Some of the hardest to figure Japanese words are the ones that consist of two English words that have been shortened then stuck together. I saw "akogi" a lot on Fukuyama-san's BBS, but couldn't figure out what it meant until one day I saw the word used in a caption for a pic of someone holding a guitar...

I love watching Fukuyama-san play guitar! He's just absolutely amazing!

At the Tetsuro Morita concert I went to, it was a last minute decision to have Fukuyama-san join him for the second stage. During that stage, they were doing requests... totally unrehearsed, and Fukuyama-san didn't know most of the songs very well. That didn't stop him. He just improvised... and boy can he improvise!

About halfway through, Morita-san turned to him and said (in Japanese) "You really can play anything, can't you?" ^-^

Welcome to MacrossWorld AlindaSue.

You'll find alot of M7 lovers and detractors around here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

One last thing, no pics are allowed in sigs. It keeps the boards uncluttered. I'll wait awhile before I do any 'moderating'(yes, I'm feeling magnanimous today.  )

Hello, Moderator-san. Hajimemashite. ^-^

Like Basara, I have no enemies. I see the detractors a lot like Basara saw the military... they just don't understand - yet. ^-^

Is this signature better?

peace

It's a busy signal.

Cool. Thanks. ^-^

And, that 13-second track just happens to be Fukuyama's favourite track on the album, strangely enough. Aso is credited as the drummer on it, but there aren't actually any drums 'cause that data was deleted from Fukuyama's computer. In the end he decided to leave them out as it sounds better without.

I remember reading about that in Fukuyama-san's diary. He had lost a lot of information during that and had to redo a good portion of the album. That's why he hadn't been able to post anything during the entire month of April.

I'm not surprised he liked doing that track. It's a very Beatles-like thing to do.

And... even though it's muffled to sound like an old radio playing in the background, it's a nice piece of guitar work. ^-^

Did he talk about it during the event last Monday? I really wish I could have seen it. Are you going to be making a report of it?

Listening to "Jealousy" right now...

BTW, I got my first translation for the album up now: "bikini no sora no kienai hi". I know it's the last song on the album, but I'm a bit of a sucker for that "peacenik" stuff. :p On the last album it was "hachigatsu muika"...

I know that dude a couple posts back may consider me a "wimp" for saying so but, it takes a lot more bravery to stand for peace than it does to fight in war. Basara went into the battle and sang for peace, even when others were shooting at him and it would have been easier (and safer) to fight back, he held firm in his determination to convince people with the power of his music. That's what Macross 7 was all about.

peace

Nice to see some true M7 fans and fans of Basara. Of course, there are alots of Basara + M7 haters out there and reflects the same thing in real world.

War is always a means to achieve temporary peace through total domination. But never really solved any problems, we know Israel and Palestineans are fighting for thousands of years.. war never solved their differences.

Well the iraq war can be that one thing that America started to bring temporary triumph in that area but also the start of new hatred..

enough of politics..

Nice to see some true M7 fans and fans of Basara. Of course, there are alots of Basara + M7 haters out there and reflects the same thing in real world.

I noticed that. I can accept the fact that there are people who do not agree with me about the show... although I've seen an unfortunate tendency on the BBS to shut down (lock) Macross 7 related forums due to flaming by the haters. It's really sad because most of the hate comments and flaming I've seen have been extremely childish. Given that the different Macross series are generally intelligently written programs, it surprises me to see some of the fans stoop to such levels.

There are a lot of intelligent things to say about all the series... however, Macross 7 is definitely my favorite. I can really relate to Basara and what he is trying to accomplish. ^-^

War is always a means to achieve temporary peace through total domination. But never really solved any problems, we know Israel and Palestineans are fighting for thousands of years.. war never solved their differences.

There are those who delude themselves into thinking that war brings peace, even if only temporary. However, the only way waging a war can bring "peace" of any kind is if one side is totally wiped out (giving the side that is left "peace") or everyone is wiped out (no people left to wage war = "peace")... or if both sides finally agree that war wasn't the answer after all.

In every fight, there is some responsibility for it on both sides. That's why Basara sang to the military as well as to the protodevilin...

Well the iraq war can be that one thing that America started to bring temporary triumph in that area but also the start of new hatred..

enough of politics..

I agree. This forum is not a suitable place for it. However, if you would like to continue this discussion, you are welcome to do it in the "General Discussion" area of my home page's BBS. Even people who disagree with my views are welcome, however, I do reserve the right to open (no flames!) debate. ^-^

Alinda Sue's sites BBS

The main language of the BBS is English, but Japanese is equally welcome there. If some of the writing there looks like gobbly-gook to you, set your encoding to "Japanese Auto-select" and it should clear up. Also, it's set up so that guests can post without logging in, but there's a few more features available to you if you do log in.

By the way, back on topic, the singing voice of Basara, Yoshiki Fukuyama, seems to be as much of a peacenik as Basara is. One of the main reasons I like listening to his music (aside from the incredible singing and guitar work ^-^) is the fact that so much of his music carries a positive or thought provoking message. If I had to pick between the voice actor or the singer to appear at a convention as "Macross 7's Basara", I'd pick the singer.

peace

I noticed that. I can accept the fact that there are people who do not agree with me about the show... although I've seen an unfortunate tendency on the BBS to shut down (lock) Macross 7 related forums due to flaming by the haters. It's really sad because most of the hate comments and flaming I've seen have been extremely childish. Given that the different Macross series are generally intelligently written programs, it surprises me to see some of the fans stoop to such levels.

There are a lot of intelligent things to say about all the series... however, Macross 7 is definitely my favorite. I can really relate to Basara and what he is trying to accomplish. ^-^

There are those who delude themselves into thinking that war brings peace, even if only temporary. However, the only way waging a war can bring "peace" of any kind is if one side is totally wiped out (giving the side that is left "peace") or everyone is wiped out (no people left to wage war = "peace")... or if both sides finally agree that war wasn't the answer after all.

In every fight, there is some responsibility for it on both sides. That's why Basara sang to the military as well as to the protodevilin...

enough of politics..

I agree. This forum is not a suitable place for it. However, if you would like to continue this discussion, you are welcome to do it in the "General Discussion" area of my home page's BBS. Even people who disagree with my views are welcome, however, I do reserve the right to open (no flames!) debate. ^-^

Alinda Sue's sites BBS

The main language of the BBS is English, but Japanese is equally welcome there. If some of the writing there looks like gobbly-gook to you, set your encoding to "Japanese Auto-select" and it should clear up. Also, it's set up so that guests can post without logging in, but there's a few more features available to you if you do log in.

By the way, back on topic, the singing voice of Basara, Yoshiki Fukuyama, seems to be as much of a peacenik as Basara is. One of the main reasons I like listening to his music (aside from the incredible singing and guitar work ^-^) is the fact that so much of his music carries a positive or thought provoking message. If I had to pick between the voice actor or the singer to appear at a convention as "Macross 7's Basara", I'd pick the singer.

peace

Well, unfortunately M7 is less appreciated because the premise of Macross is for teenage boys which likes seeing mechanical robots fighting aliens and seeing cute sexy girls like Minmei. M7 is a big change, because Basara happens to be completely different character compared to Hikaru Ichijo and Isamu Dyson.

What they could've done was made M7's story execute a little faster so that some people are not bored too quickly and understand Basara's character better because some people just won't understand why he goes in combat to sing and risk getting killed. Gamlin couldn't understand it until he realized that all the firepower is useless against the enemy except for Basara's power.

Yes, Yoshiki Fukuyama's music is awesome. The music matches Basara's character very well. Songs like "My Soul for you" is very emotional almost like Yoshiki is singing with a heart-felt tone of voice.

What inspired me awhile ago was, during a tough period in my life not long ago, I felt just like Ray, almost no purpose to do anything until I watched M7 and listened to songs "Light the Light" and "Try Again." I found new inspiration and determination like Basara to overcome my problems at the time and lifted me. That scene of young Basara singing to the mountain, reminded me of how I felt, I was determined to do what I can against my odds at the time and I succeeded.

It was very different because today's music mostly preaches material things and uninspiring feelings about life...

I will check out your BBS that you listed.

Edited by Protoplast

protoplast,your statement shows alot of fans common misconceptions about macross 7.it wasn't geared towards teenage boys at all.it was created for the fan base that likes the character & story side of macross more than the mechas.macross plus was created at the same time to cater to the fans that were mecha junkies.in a way,it's a good example of what every popular anime should do.give each fan a story to his or her particular liking,but still keeping the core macross.i,like others,have gained alot more respect for this series over the past year.instead of hating it,i'm looking forward to finishing it instead ;)