spray can?

goldenboy_forever

Hi I was just checking out this months dengenki hobby japan and I was wondering why they were putting a whole spray can in water? I'm guessing its hot water because it was in a pot on top of a stove. wouldn't the spray can explode? just wonder what benifits there are to this method?

thanks

from Richard :)

COSSPLAYA!!!

Who got yo back... G?

First, always heat the can in medium hot water before you use it. Always read the label to be sure you don't get it too hot. If you over heat the can, it could explode and instantly paint the room instead of the model. Not the desired effect! Personally, I made a trip to the kitchen and stole the food dehydrator to heat my paints. If you do this, be sure to check the maximum temperature of your unit, to make sure it will not overheat the cans. Heating the paint does two things. First, it reduces the viscosity(thins) of the paint and helps it to flow better. Second, it significantly increases the pressure in the can which helps atomize the paint to finer droplets. A side effect of the increased temperature is that the solvent evaporates faster, so be aware of this and be prepared to move the can closer and move it faster to compensate for the increased flow of paint.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/plastic/t...iclacquers.html

DOH MOH AH DE GOT TOH MR ROBOT

COSPLAYER! :lol:

Thanks bro :D

thats hella crazy to do that to the spray can. So basicly it thins out the paint and increases the pressure in the can so you can get a thinner coat of paint. CArzy. I wonder what the maximun temperture is. Thats would be insane if the spray can explodes in the kitchen. Instant paint job hahaha :)

Thanks EXO

From Richard

Edited by goldenboy_forever

dude I tried the micro wave technique and It worked great KABOOM!!!! :lol: hahahaha. You should try it too exo my whole kitchen is metalic blue hahahaha :lol: . (kids don't try this at home)

From Richard :)

Hey Skull Leader,

Where are you in beautiful Arkansas?

I used to spend my summers down there with Grandma. :D

I remember the heat, whew! :huh:

The fresh air was great though! :)

And you've gotta love that southern drawl all the girls have down there as well. ;)

Getting OT here, but I used to visit my grandma in Searcy, not too far from you.

When I was spending time there the comics/sci-fi/anime scene was practically nonexistant. I hope it's better for you now!

Take care down there!

BTW I'm from St. Louis.