Is there a good Swordfish II toy?

Just curious. I could have sworn there was a metal version fo the Swordfish II that had some good detail, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I dreamed it. Anyone know of a good, detailed toy version?

Yeah, the Bandai Anime Collector's series had a Swordfish II toy that came with a Spike, Faye, and Ein Figure.

It is pretty good overall, not too far from the kit in many ways, but it could have been much better with just a few minor features.

But it has retractable landing gear, a rotating cannon, folding wings, removeable missiles, and some decent weathering.

You can find em on Ebay from time to time.

Yeah, the Bandai Anime Collector's series had a Swordfish II toy that came with a Spike, Faye, and Ein Figure.

It is pretty good overall, not too far from the kit in many ways, but it could have been much better with just a few minor features.

But it has retractable landing gear, a rotating cannon, folding wings, removeable missiles, and some decent weathering.

You can find em on Ebay from time to time.

That's the one I wanted to get.

I think the toy/model you want is the one I bought a while back. It is actually made by Yamato of all people and it is a large scale resin and plastic pre-painted model kit that takes a bit of assembly (simple really) and bam you have a nice big, detailed Swordfish II.

swdfish2lg.jpg

I paid about a hundred bucks for it back then. I don't see them very often nowadays so the price might have skyrocketed.

Yep, that was my loose Bandai Swordfish set I sold to ya a while back. I still have one MOC in my collection. The Yamato kit/toy has about the same moving parts but it has more "heft" and paint detail to it. Overall it is about 8" x 8" square with the wings down and that smaller Bandai one is about 5" x 5" if memory serves... I'd have to dig out my carded one to remember for sure.

OK, I went and grabbed my packaged Bandai and held it up to my Yamato in my display case right now and I'll be damned if they are not close in size. The Yamato is still bigger and certain parts of it have more "beef" to them than the Bandai but proportionally they are close in size. The Yamato bests it by about an inch plus on all sides but they are still very close in size.

Yep, that was my loose Bandai Swordfish set I sold to ya a while back. I still have one MOC in my collection. The Yamato kit/toy has about the same moving parts but it has more "heft" and paint detail to it. Overall it is about 8" x 8" square with the wings down and that smaller Bandai one is about 5" x 5" if memory serves... I'd have to dig out my carded one to remember for sure.

If you ever wanna sell it, I'll be glad to take it off you. Kthxbaiz. ;)