Botcon, Pasadena Ca

Ok maybe I saw only the tip of the iceberg but it was pathetic. 15 dollars to go to a small room with liek maybe 20 vendors. Maybe it sucked cause I was right behind the guy who took the last Alternator Hound. Yeah he's out at least from these guys from Louisiana. They wanted 30 plus tax. But Alex from Little Anime Shop sells hound binaltech for only 50. Anyway I ended up getting Alt. Silverstreak for 15 since Im impatient. for those who went to PMX this was almost as bad. interms of vendors.

Oh anyone with a Alt Silverstreak can you tell me if yours is LHD or RHD? Mine is LHD jsut liek Smokescreen but the Binaltechs are RHD. Wondering if there were a few first releases as the Japanese dashes ahve teh steering wheel on the right.

Got my Alternator Blue...I mean Silverstreak early on and it's RHD, which is a little weird as you would think that all the cars would have the same drive side for a localized area if you stick to the story of how the Autobots got their earth-forms. Well, my Alternators get along just fine nontheless. Prime, Smokescreen, and Sideswipe just keep pestering 'Streak to hook them up with his cute Japanese sisters is all.

Your logic is probably correct that Hasbro just simply copied the Binaltech one until someone came along and said, "Hey, if we're selling these in North America, isn't the driver side on the wrong side?"

I'm probably the only one that came up on this con. I traded some old crappy stuff for some stuff that I needed to fill in the hole's in my collection. Other than that, yeah, it was pretty boring. This place would benefit only those G1 collectors looking for a missing weapon or missle. There were plenty of people who were selling parts. I must've completed more than half of my missing parts list. :p:D:lol:

I've only gone to one BotCon so far. Way back in 1997 when it was in Rochester, New York.

*That* was a good con. Good guests and lots of them (Stan Bush, Vince DiCola, Peter Cullen, Simon Furman and others) and a lot of events going on besides just the dealer room.

There was even a live concert put on by Bush and DiCola.

Sounds like it's gone downhill since then.