Need help on my Custom Transformer/Macross Toy...

J Smith

Alright. I have Transformers Energon Starscream, see link below... and I want to custom his feet to have Jetfire like feet. Startscream is 5 and a quarter inches tall from tip top of head to toe.

What scale would this be near? 1/72? I was thinking 1/100 scale? If anyone has a 1/100 scale model, can you measure it from head to toe in robot mode? So I am looking towards a model for the feet. All that is needed to be done is to have a recut into SS's lower legs, a new peg added for the custom feet and to have it painted up, the feet.

I am not sure if I can do this custom, but I would be happy to pay anyone to do it for me! All I want is Macross/Jetfire feet added to Starscream. They also mode fold up and close and open.

http://www.bwtf.com/energon/toys/starscream/rm2.jpg

Toynami superposeables are 1/72 scale

recent forum entry

but since your toy is 5 inches tall it is smaller than the 7 inch toynami superposeable

this still could be 1/72 scale like you said(despite it being shorter in toy size than the toynami)

but you need to know what the actual size of the toy would be at 1:1 scale.do you have specs on the actual size of the robot if it was real?

the vf-1s is about 42 feet high in battroid configuration,a 1/72 scale toy is 7 inches

if your toy is 1/72 scale then ,1/72=5 inches or (.416) X 72 =30 feet in real life

but, if 5 inches for your toy is 1/100 scale then in real life your robot would be 41.6 feet tall

which you maybe can find out on line

from what i remember there was no semblance to scale on the show.megatron would shrink to fit into the hand of a robot in gun mode

all i can say is that if your 5 inch robot is 1/72 scale then he would be smaller than the vf-1s,(If he was in the same cartoon), but if he was 1/100 scale he would be the same size! which is what I feel you are driving for!

Edited by geecie30

Thanks for that input. I don't think I could find a accurate scale on Starscream, just because Transformers arn't really based on real life vehicles, but more imaginary.

So you say it would be closer to a 1/100 scale model and thats what should be best to use on it for the feet? A 1/100 model?