Newbie Questions

The Teaser

Hi there im new to macross toys and new to these boards - i really like the looks of the 1/48 super vf-1j with fast pack that most of the online stores seem to have just restocked with (what can i say? i love complicated transformations) - but - having read through the 'what's wrong with my' thread there seem to be quite a few 1/48 horror stories. So my questions are:

Is it really such a gamble getting a yamato version given the prices?

(im in the UK so will have to ship and pay customs too. Money not really an object, but the idea of having to send off to HLJ to get the bits to fix something that should not have been broken in the 1st place seems more than a little off)

Do the 1/48 super sets (max, millia and hikaru) have the slotted nosecone? ( just wondering)

Would these recent restocks possibly incorporate fixes to the long-running issues that have been identified in the 'what's wrong with my' thread ?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

Don't let the horror stories in the "what's wrong" thread scare you off. I own 4 1/48's and I've yet to have a problem with any of them.

So I'd reccomend you buy (at least) one - the transformation is NOT that complex, actually very easy once you do it a few times. Also, ALL the releases other than the 1st ed VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1S Roy have the better nosecone, so any VF-1J will be fine.

Here's a few tips to having a successful 1/48 purchase and transformation, etc.

1. Order your valk from a reputable dealer on Macrossworld. Valkyrie-Exchange, Blastotoys, Neova (and many more) are great guys to work with and any of them will work with you to replace your valk should it arrive with some sort of postal damage or problem. It may cost a few bucks more, but the piece of mind is totally worth it.

2. Read the instructions before transforming. Well. Take your time and don't use too much force. After you've done it a few times it'll be simple and you shouldn't have to worry.

3. Store or display your toy somewhere safe. If you put it on the edge of a shelf 7 feet high over a tile floor... you're asking for trouble!

Follow these steps and I'm about 99% sure you won't have any problems. I would also recommend the Hikaru 1J over the Max or Millia as it is pretty much known that it has the best paint application of the VF-1J's so far released.

Good luck, enjoy your toy and welcome to the boards.

Yeah Dude, I've got seven. Pricey. But like I said..I've got seven.

wow you are lucky :) I now got 2, they are worth the money make sure you get a pair of fast packs to go with it.

BTW welcome to MAcross World :)

Chris

if you have a cat... "lose it".. cats are valks enemys.

Just get a good display case that is enclosed with glass! IKEA is your friend. :lol:

Ask MW member Godzilla

he so far has the highest chance of owning at least 1 Bad QC 1/48

Here and there. No real problems. I have inspected most of them. Loose landing gears, flaps, etc... I am not reaaly that picky. You are talking to a guy here who own MPCs and 1/48s. Hands down, 1/48s are just completely awesome.

Me again with another question. Ive just had an hour to get to grip with my 1/60 GBP with valk , and have just tried to transform into gerwalk and fighter mode - the problem i have is attaching the legs - yes i know about hook the back in then swing the front up, no probs with that, the issue i have is with the leg pins that would fit into the torso. Should they push each other out the way when on top of each other? This appears to put the joints under some stress. Or am i missing some basic thing like teh valk leg pins are longer on this version? i dont have another 1/60 to compare against unfortunately.

havent got a cam so cant take pics, im afraid. any help appreciated

thanks for that. i was having the trouble with fighter and gerwalk mode. the leg pins are quite stiff and im going through newbie kid gloves mode so i dont want to force anything. havent had the legs are too loose problem yet, but im gonna go get some clear nail varnish for the groin piece pins.