"Nor" CG model i'm working on.

Hi guys, i'm workin on my first ever CG maya character. its a little rough and its all in nurbs, but the idea is i'll be able to animate it. i have to get it more or less finished today so i'll be posting images through-out the day.

hope you like it.

btw. i dont' know anything about lighting so sorry if its a tad hard to see.

post-26-1086549815_thumb.jpg

Edited by KingNor

it's my own design, for an animation class

i've never modled before so i was just so proud of it, i figured i'd subject it to some picking apart online to put me back in my place :-)

I know nothing of CG mapping, but it looks great to me. I'd like to see it in motion, actually...

One gripe, and that's just my biology degree talking.... the forward field of vision would be pretty unfocused. It has a nearly complete lack of stereoscopic vision....

One gripe, and that's just my biology degree talking.... the forward field of vision would be pretty unfocused. It has a nearly complete lack of stereoscopic vision....

Aren't most dragons/reptile like things like that?

One gripe, and that's just my biology degree talking.... the forward field of vision would be pretty unfocused.  It has a nearly complete lack of stereoscopic vision....

Aren't most dragons/reptile like things like that?

Yeah, but most of them don't rely primarily on sight for locomotion, and as a four legged/no-legged chassis, are quite stable.

A large, bipedal organism is best served with a high angle of stereoscopic vision, especially if it is visually oriented (like humans). Predatory mammals, especially larger ones, often have a high angle field of stereoscopic vision....

Like I said, though, I'm mostly just nitpicking.