Quick OT question about gundam plus...

kanata67

Hey all. I know this is macrossworld, but I also know that many of you have built gundam. I have a quick question that a seller asked me... that I don't know the answer to and I hope some-one here can answer.

here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=49210&rd=1

It's for two HG gundam 1/100 scale, the wing gundan, and the wing gundam 0 . The potential buyer wants to know how big these are assembled and I haven't a clue as I never built them. The only gundam comparison I can make is to the 1/144 HCM's I have [ as I didn't have to build them LOL] All I can figure is that they should be bigger, but I don't know how much. Can anyone who has built one of these, or a 1/100 gundam kit in general, tell me approximately how tall they would be in robot mode when assembled.

Mods can obviously delete this, preferably tomorrow after I have an answer :)

Just to throw some macross related stuff in here... I finally got the box of abused mecha I've been waiting on so I get to start some new projects. What would you guys like to see first...

1. Custom scout pod head attachments for the matchbox tactical pod, eventually recasted and Easy install for the benifit of others.

2. Step by step attempt to make the big crappy vf-1s matchbox transformable

3. Step by step spawn glaug custom. [yes... eventually there will be spawn variations of every macross toy :lol: ]

Step 1. Goto www.mahq.net.

Step 2. Go under the Gundam tab, and look up the height of the Mobile Suit you want to find the height of (say, the Wing Gundam - 16.3 meters - 16,300mm)

Step 3. Figure out what scale you want to find the height of the model kit at (say, 1/100 - which means that 1mm of the model is equal to 100mm on the 'real' thing)

Step 4. Take the listed height (16,300mm), and multiply it by the scale (1/100) - gives you a result of 163mm

Step 5. Convert to inches (for those of us who don't understand metric - 1" = 25.4mm - 163mm divided by 25.4mm/inch equals 6.4 inches)

These measurements are obviously approximations - differences in sculpts and model kits will give you slightly different sizes for even the same mobile suits at the same scale.

Cool. Thanks guys. My best guess was around 7 1/2 inches as that's what my die-cast rx-178 is. I copied your answers into a reply so hopefully it helps the guy out. Mods can move/delete this any time they want now, seeing as nobody had input on what project I should do first.