Need Help!

scand

Does anybody know the difference beetween the Soul of Chogokin GX-01 and the GX-01R? The R version looks like an upgrade of some sorts. Where can one find a good review. I tried a search and got less than stellar results. :( If anybody could post pics, I'd greatly appreciate it.

basically the R version has a number of redesigned features for aethetics and some new parts. most of the redesign is in the torso launcher. i only have the R version so i'm not an expert on the other, but if you want a really in-depth answer head over to Toybox DX and post your question on their messege boards. they also have several pics of the regular version on the site.

The R has diecast upper legs, the original has plastic there. The R has a darker shade of blue, closer to great mazinger. The R's face was redesigned to look like Mazinger Z's face in the opening sequence. The original has the original scrander, but the R has the late version scrander. The original also doesnt come with a jet pilder, only a hover pilder- R has both. The original has a mechanism that opens up the missile punch stomach bay, the R doesnt, but has a better looking stomach area and its missile actually fires. The original also has lots of parts you cut off trees, unlike the R, and the original has a sticker for the stand where the R has a chrome name plate.

Check this site out http://tori-san-web9141.hp.infoseek.co.jp/..._mazinger-z.htm

I bookmarked this way back when I was facing the same decision as you. I went with the R and liked it so much that after trashing it in about a year, I bought another, but am now afraid to take it out of the box! Thinking of getting the gold too, while it's on that nice sale at BBTS. One really awesome rendition of the character and a great figure all around.