Code 3 Star Wars Models

By all acounts they're extremely so-so. The paint apps are quite decent for a mass produced piece, but some of the details leave much to be desired. Despite their claims to the contrary, the Code 3 Falcon is directly based on the old MPC Falcon kit, and as such inherited all of its inaccuracies. If you just want something that looks good, then they might be for you, although I still think they're way too expensive. But if you're s stickler for accuracy, then stay away.

By all acounts they're extremely so-so. The paint apps are quite decent for a mass produced piece, but some of the details leave much to be desired. Despite their claims to the contrary, the Code 3 Falcon is directly based on the old MPC Falcon kit, and as such inherited all of its inaccuracies. If you just want something that looks good, then they might be for you, although I still think they're way too expensive. But if you're s stickler for accuracy, then stay away.

Do you have one? I do. The Code 3 collectibles are actually very well detailed. The only thing that the Code 3 Falcon has in common with the old MPC kit is the high side-walls. The detail in the surface it quite exquisite and sharp. (And there is a LOT more detail on the Code 3 model than on the MPC kit.) The paint jobs SUCK! They only serve to camoflage the details and make people think the product sucks.

Do you have one?

No. I've only seen the X-Wing at a local shop, and even then it was inside the case. I thought the paint job was ok, at least for somethign produced in mass quantities. Certainly not as good as a hand crafted Fine Molds version, certainly. As for the Falcon, I only know what I've read online. There was a thread regarding the Falcon on the Starship Modeler forums ( a site I know you're familiar with ;) ) where they tore Code 3 a new one, complete with pictures. The arguments against it seemed pretty convincing to me. *shrug*