Zeta Gundam movie in 2005

Seven

I read up on animenewsnetwork.com about a new Zeta Gundam movie in the works now and confirmed by Bandai. Anyone else got info on this? I've heard rumors that it will be a compilation movie of the TV series with SOME new animation and seen a picture of an article from Newtype.

I just assumed that they made a compilation movie way back in 1985 after the series ended, like they usually do and did for the original series. It's surprising that they didn't back then and want to do it now. Although I'm glad for any new stuff for Zeta.

If this is a repost or old news, I apologize, although I did do a search first and found nothing.

• 5 weeks later...

Let me get this straight: THEY'RE CHANGING THE ENDING? :huh::blink::angry:

Did I read that right? What about continuity into ZZ?

Kill-em-all-Tomino has gone soft?

A compilation is supposed to be just that. New footage, yes. Adding connective footage to fill the gaps, yes. Adjusting the ending for time, fine. Not rewriting it to a different conclusion bacause you want it to be "happier".

It will focus on Kamille's growth where you will see less of him rebelling against adults, being more optimistic, and generally being a good boy. Additional footage of his daily life will be included.

So they're altering his character as well?

Guess this isn't really a compilation at all, but a 3 movie retelling of Zeta.

Have to await and see the results, but right now I'm kinda skeptical about so many changes.

But hey, we have SDF Macross and DYRL coexisting happily, so hopefully this'll be the same, and we can enjoy both versions as they are.

This pic on the other hand at least, is sweet.

post-26-1087244872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Let me get this straight: THEY'RE CHANGING THE ENDING? :huh::blink::angry:

Did I read that right? What about continuity into ZZ?

If you count everything he does as official, Zeta wouldn't even have existed in its current form according to the novels he wrote.

If Lucas can get away with re-tinkering his stuff decades later, why not Tomino.

Let me get this straight:  THEY'RE CHANGING THE ENDING? :huh::blink::angry:

Did I read that right?  What about continuity into ZZ?

If you count everything he does as official, Zeta wouldn't even have existed in its current form according to the novels he wrote.

If Lucas can get away with re-tinkering his stuff decades later, why not Tomino.

Well so be yet, BTW there were some rumors that in the mid-late 80`s that Tomino wanted Lucasfilm to do a live action Gundam movie.