PS2 import-Macross game

Gorgo

I haven't seen anyones review on the PS2 Macross game....(not Robotech BattleCry)

This game is a "must have" for any Macross fan !! It's great !! Battle Cry can't even come close

to how great this game is ! I mean the detail,lighting,explosions,transformations,and game play

is outstanding !!

You start out playing the original series episodes on the Prometheus missions once those are completed they let you choose the Armored 01 or is it ARMD 02 missions....anyway,they let you play Macross DYRL version with SDF-1 having the ARMD-01/02 for the arms.This puts you in the middle of "most" of the greatest battles from Macross.

As a 13 yr old kid in the 80's, I deamed of a great Macross game like this. Only thing that can be better would be: Seeing actual Zentrati people to shoot at (when you go aboard a ship),and a cockpit

would be nice to. But that's it ! Get this game ! You'll be glad you did !! I'm hooked!

NOW,I guess you want to know how to get around that dumb problem with import games "without"screwing up your PS2 with complex soddering and ruining your warranty by opening things up.

There is this great device somebody came up with called "the slide card"

All you have to do is remove the face of the tray on your PS2 ( only one small screw ),pop in a special disk (swap magic DVD) and your ready to kill mass amounts of Battle Pods (Regults) and become that ace mecha pilot you've always dreamed to be... here's a link to where I got my Slide Card.

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

So to I give this game two Zentrati sized thumbs up !! So,get it....and throw away the aweful Robotech :Battlecry Game. It's a shame this one never made it over here. Oh welll...

Check out this Hikaru Ichicho Fan/Jet Racer Resin Kit !

Matt -G-

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejpyre/

Flip top works with most disks. More important is the swap disk that somes with it. The only games I haven't been able to play on my flip top are some of the EA sports games, Evangelion import,.

Works

All the gundam games

Macross works

Initial D JAP

Ghost in the shell SAC

ZOne of enders

Lord of the rings 2 Towers

lethal skys

DBZ Boudakai 2

For the new horrid Fist of the North Star game only half of it works with Swap Magic 2.0 CD disc. The game is divided into 2 parts: the new game and the old Sega Mark III version. The new game works fine but if you select the old game the PS2 crashes. I wonder if the TOC isnt big enough from the Swap Disc. I'll have to try the 3.0 discs when I get a chance.

The game itself isn't worth the 38.00(w shipping) I paid for it. But ya cant expect too much from a Sega Ages title..

Flip top works with most disks. More important is the swap disk that somes with it. The only games I haven't been able to play on my flip top are some of the EA sports games, Evangelion import,.

Works

All the gundam games

Macross works

Initial D JAP

Ghost in the shell SAC

ZOne of enders

Lord of the rings 2 Towers

lethal skys

DBZ Boudakai 2

Add the following DVD-9 games to the list of the ones that won't work with the flip-top:

- Sakura Wars: Atsuki Chishio Ni

- Sakura Wars Monotagari: Mysterious Paris

From what I hear, Xenosaga won't work either since it's DVD-9 too.