Hard To Color?

Culverin

hey guys, i don't know how to use photoshop yet, simply because most of my computer time is spent at school where they have no graphic programs...

anways... i was just wondering what could be done with a peice of artwork i have.

and how long it takes just color it up and stuff...

maybe you could toy around with it?

i'll post up a Veritech soon when they're finished...

so, um, please? just toy around with this and tell me how to do whatever you did to it?

thank you guys.

madcat.jpg

You really need to ink your work a LOT more cleaner. In Photoshop your drawing is really pixilated(sp) and hard to get good fills. Also, dont use a all grey robot to practice on, its too plain and does not give you a chance to be creative with color, the best you can do is like 4 different greys.

You really need to ink your work a LOT more cleaner. In Photoshop your drawing is really pixilated(sp) and hard to get good fills. Also, dont use a all grey robot to practice on, its too plain and does not give you a chance to be creative with color, the best you can do is like 4 different greys.

Not really. Alot of the time when I color one of my pencilled images the lines aren't much cleaner (if at all) then Culverin's pic.

The trick to getting clean fills is to use Layersusually set on darken or multiply. Also, on order to ensure consistant fills, you'll have to be ready to use the Polygonal Lasso Tool, which is the best one for selecting specific areas.

yah, those help ALOT. all that needs is a minor workover with someone proficient in the use of a tablet.

Edit: the shading laready in the picture makes it hard to get a decent magic wand in. I was gonna work on it, but its late, and im tired. maybe tomorrow. anyone have any particular colors or patterns they want to see?

Edited by VF19

Hmm. Timber Wolf D?

If you want to make it easier on yourself, you'll want to erase the pencil shading, either by hand (a pain, I know) or with a photoediting program (I just use Paint for things like that, then I paste it into Pshop.).

Then, use your magic wand (w) to select various parts, and simply color over it. I like to get down the basic colors first, then shade over it. But I am a mere Pshop newbie myself, I haven't quite learned how to play with layers or displacement maps (but displacement maps GOOD)...