Tons of questions

Evil Porkchop

O.K. I'm getting ready to make my first custom out of a Bandai 1/55 VF-1A and have some questions.

1. What brand of primer and paint do you recommend?

2. Do you recommed painting with a brush or airbrushing it?

3. What is the order in which you do things? Example step 1-disassmble, step 2-prime, step 3- sand, etc. etc.

4. Where can I get custom decals or stickers?

5. What do you seal it with? I've seen people mention "Future" but I am unfamiliar with what that is.

Thanks for any help you can give.

1. For primer, I find Rustoleum sandable grey to be good. I use whatever brand is available in the color I am looking for as far as paints go.

2. Airbrush or spray paint (my choice as I don't have an airbrush). Brush paint only for detail work.

3. I would add step 1A - sand areas that will rub

4. Takatoys and Anasazi37 both make excellent custom decals. Both are MW members.

5. I have used any number of clear sealers, Krylon makes a good one. Future is a floor wax. Never tried it myself.

Hope that helps.

edit: fixed my reply to #5

Edited by sbarrett4

5. What do you seal it with? I've seen people mention "Future" but I am unfamiliar with what that is.

"Future" refers to Future Floor Polish, which you can get at most large home stores like Kmart, Wal-Mart, etc. It's basically a high gloss (and durable) acrylic coating solution. Dirt cheap, too. You need an airbrush to use it, though. If you're going the spray paint route, Krylon Crystal Clear (glossy) or Krylon Satin (semi-gloss) work really well. They are also available at most large stores.