BIG O it's show time

Skull 0ne

Oh Big O. Its been a little while since I watched this on my DVD. I still like it quite a bit, even with the unusual 2nd season ending. While I don't thoroughly understand the ending, I still kind of like it. Have to rewatch it again to remember all the little details. But from what I recall, its quite interesting still, and I believe the whole thing circles around the character Angel, like the whole Paradaigm City is a reality she created with her imagination or something of the sort. Again, can't remember the details. :p But I thought its kind of cool. And she even have her own version of Big! :ph34r: Though I know most people hated it.

All I have is the Bandai Big-O action figure. Good sculpt, not very poseable, but build like a rock. It would probably survive being tossed across the room. :D And stack well along side with my SOCs.

As for my 2 cents on this show, it was strictly decent for an anime rip-off of Batman. When I first saw this show 5 years ago on CN, the first thing that went through my mind was that this reminds me of that 90's Batman cartoon because of it's dark setting and 1950''s like setting. I really like the Intro song as I have it on my computer. I haven't seen the second season of the show because I lost interest in watching the show since it tends to be boring at times with nothing but philisophical bull schist and yawning dialogue.

Phalanx, you do realize that the studio that worked on Big O was also one of the overseas animation studios for the Batman animated series, correct? Also, while similar, the style is not identical to that from Batman. Even so, a similar style is not at all the same thing as being a rip-off, otherwise 90% iof comic books could be said to be ripping each other off, and the same can be said of most animation. In stories, characters, premise, and everything else, the shows had very little in common.

Damn, I didn't know that Radd. I just assumed that maybe Hajime Yadate was just inspired by the 90's Batman show and decided to make the characters and setting all drawn western the same way the charcters were in the show. But I already new that the story of the show was diffErent from the one the AoB.