1/48 Scale FAST Pack Question

Kestrel

Hi all.

I just got my 1/48 VF-1 FAST Packs and put them onto my VF-1S in battroid mode. Only problem is that the backpack won't stay put and teeters backwards. The clip that folds up from underneath the head door grabs hold of the top of the backpack, but the combined weight of the backpack plus the new booster nacelles causes the head door to pull away from the body.

Is there a way to combat this? Is there some minor trick to the transformation I'm missing? I thought the little white plastic pice that came with the FAST packs that slides behind the head might be used to clip the head door in place, but it doesn't seem to work. There are two little nubs on the underside of the back lip of that piece that look like they're there to hold that head door, but the piece isn't deep enough to reach it.

So, any hints on how to make my Valk wear his new duds properly?

Push the "head door" all the way in till it snaps in place behind the two little "nubs" you speak about.  It will "snap" in place and the backpack will be very sturdy.  Use the white supportive piece as well.

what he said.... took me a while to figure this one out too... Just push that door (the one the head goes through in transformation) towards the head until it locks.

Edited by soze