Sv-262 1/72 question

maxi

Hi guys. I have a question. Is it really necessary to remove the hands in order to transform from gerwalk to fighter? Is it because the hands are to big? Or is there really no space inside to store the hands. I was thinking about adapting some of the articulated gunpla hands. What would be the correct scale? Not a gunpla builder so I have no idea of the dimension of lets say 1/144 hands. Thanks 

I've messed with the 262 kits quite a bit, and I think there just isn't enough room to fit any hands in them.  I think it's partly because of some compromises they made in the design compared with the animation model, and partly just because there's very little space around those arm sections.

I think technically you could fit a hand in the rear arm, since that one folds underneath, but because they chose to hold the entire thing together with a removable bracket that holds another part needed for the chest in battroid mode, there just isn't room there for it.  The space behind the cockpit is even smaller, and the kit has reinforcement there, while the DX leaves just barely enough space.

The hands being utterly ginormous is a separate issue though.  They are intensely oversized for the model.  I think they're even bigger than the hands included with the 1/60 DX version. 

I think with enough work and some better hands, you might be able to mod a set into it, but it's going to take a lot of adjustment to make room, and redesign the whole thing to stay together without part swapping.