need advice on macross 7 model kits

kp_assman

the 1/144 maxl and vf-17 are non-transformable, each kit contains one fighter and one batroid, only basic detail, but the price is fair enough.

1/100 vf-19s/f have different wing shape, and different batroid head, shoulder according to the anime. transformable, not perfect. more detail up.

all those bandai kits can be done without cement and paint, they have stickers. but glue and paint will give them solidity and decent impression.

find more information at here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...bandai_main.htm

and www.hlj.com, search "macross"

for the 1/100 vf-19's, will they look decent straight out of the box? i already got the 1/65 versions but i really wanna get the models.

also, being bandai, how does the paint quality compare to the gundam line? hg? mg?

thank ye kindly

oh yeah, how's that coating version of the fire valk?

Edited by kp_assman

as a standard military jet model fan, I won't pick up the coating one, but it's personal taste. one thing you should know, the cut-off edge will left a glare scar on the coated surface, it's never easy to recover :(

those bandai macross models ARE good, but not THAT good as today's MG, PG, they are 10 or 20 years old. although some parts have different colors, but I suggest basic painting work on them.

don't be afraid of them and don't expect too much, they are easy to build at all, not expensive, and they are macross, right? don't let them go before you catch some!

I have some Hasegawa questions

Kind of new to modelling., But I want a Valk model...

Hasegawa, how to say, non-transformable, not cheap, not for beginner, harder to build than Bandai stuff, glue, paint and water slide decal needed, but they are the most excellent Valk models ever made. if you have both time and patience, try them, have some practice, then you'll got your own nice Valks ;)

would building 3 pg gundams be of any help if i wanted to tackle a hasegawa

also, i stumbled across some pics of the 1/100 bandai's but i can't tell if they've been painted or not? can u help? if they are painted, how close do they resemble their non painted parts? Thanks!

Edited by kp_assman

3 PGs? I don't know if you painted them or not? anyway, PG don't need too much paint works... but that's fair enough of assembling practise I guess :lol:

macross models are not mission impossible.

bandai stuff come with colorful parts and stickers, so don't need paint if you don't want to;

most hasegawa valks are molded in white plastic(the trainer VF-1D and VT-1 are in oranger, the VE-1 and new comer VF-1A low-vis are in gray, Max and Milia's jet are in blue and red already), with water slide decals to complete, just some small area need painting, such as landing gears, engine exhaust and some personal color stripes on the back, so that's easy job!

I can't see the pages you give me, maybe you can send it to my mailbox: newca96@hotmail.com