Help with painting camo schemes...

DARTHTODD

Hey, I'm going to start painting my MIG-29 Macross plane soon. It's a camo color scheme and I've never done these before, any suggestions would be greatly appreciatted! I'm going to be using spray cans for this (too cheap for an airbrush). After I apply the base color, what's best for masking off the areas I don't want painted? Thanks!

Sorry I don't have a specific comment about painting "camo". A good source I have seen many aricles about painting Camo schemes on planes is Fine Scale Modeler

If I come across a copy of FSM that has a "camo painting" article, I can scan it for you. is Acrobat 5 PDF format ok?

The trick as I can remember is you make the base coat then you airbrush a diluted "secondary" color over the base coat. Airbrush is an artform... I'm still trying to master it myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I'm going to start painting my MIG-29 Macross plane soon. It's a camo color scheme and I've never done these before, any suggestions would be greatly appreciatted! I'm going to be using spray cans for this (too cheap for an airbrush). After I apply the base color, what's best for masking off the areas I don't want painted? Thanks!

In addition of the reference given by Southcross, check these sites, maybe you find some help there:

Mig 29 @ Hyperscale

Painting 1/72 planes -tips-

General tips on modelling @IPMS Stockholm

Regds,

Gorgon.