1/48 Backpack hinge stress relief?

Wicked Ace

Has anyone tried filing or sanding a little off of the bump (part BP7) on the backpack hinge? I just took my VF-1S out of the box and don't want to be posting in the "what's wrong with my Yamato" thread, if you know what I mean. It seems like this hump puts a lot of stress on the hinge, so is it a good idea to take some material off of the bump?

Edited by Wicked Ace

I did sand off the bump a little bit.

But I think that's not the main problem.

The main problem is the small retractable attenna.

Try to put the attenna inside the completely without

letting the small traingle part stuck out.

That should solve your problem.

How does the antenna cause stress on the hinge? If one were to eliminate the bump on part BP7, would the flip out tab (part BP4) adequately hold the backpack in the correct position?

Has anyone tried filing or sanding a little off of the bump (part BP7) on the backpack hinge? I just took my VF-1S out of the box and don't want to be posting in the "what's wrong with my Yamato" thread, if you know what I mean. It seems like this hump puts a lot of stress on the hinge, so is it a good idea to take some material off of the bump?

honestly me and jason(JsARCLIGHT) both have never had this problem. all of them are stress free. i checke dmien when thiis came up. you need to handle your valkyries delicatly. honeslty. it;s nto hard. be patient.