Request: ARII 1/72 Armored Battroid Pics

Neova

Hey all,

I think some of you may have these kits sitting in your closet, in your grubby hands or sealed in that Michael Jackson Youth Chamber, and I humbly request hi-res detailed pictures of the armor pieces from the front and back. On the sprues would be great but detailed shots of every piece would be best. If possible, scanning the whole sprue sheet would be a nice way to get scaled sizing out of them without distortion. I would also like a scan of the instruction sheets.

I want these for reference since I'm considering custom making a set for the Hasegawa 1/72 Battroid and other derivative designs. Thanks for any leads.

Why are you seeking photos of the model rather than the original design? The old kits weren't real great about detail and proportion anyway - it seems like building a "copy of a copy" so to speak isn't the best way to go... Most likely the underlying proportions of the Arii kit won't match the Hasegawa anyway.

I don't mean to be a pain, I just think that starting with the lineart and the Hasegawa's proportions is probably a better choice. The instruction sheet contains nice front/side views of the kit you could use to plan out how the armor pieces will fit in, and then scale them to the size of the model itself.

And before somebody else mentions it, of course I assume you've seen the information in the MacrossWorld models section - which consists mainly of a low resolution scan of the instruction sheet - most likely not adequate for your plans.

You're right in that using the line art would be better for proper proportions yet I do want pictures of the back of the ARII kits for engineering references. I want to know how ARII handled the attachment points for the armor and how the pieces came together. The lack of detail in the ARII kit would be added back on from the line art references if I have the right tools and can figure out how to get them in.

And yes, the low resolution scans were not detailed enough, hence the requests for some hi-res ones. :D

I think the old Armored battroid kits were just one-layer. There was no "standard" battroid inside the armor. Your best bet would be to refer to a toy version, I think, or one of the scratchbuilt add-ons to the Hasegawa Battroid that appeared in modeling magazines.