Hannibal (TV Series)

Gakken85

Hannibal is an American psychological thrillerhorror television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy.

dr-hannibal-lecter-hannibal-20194-1920x1

I was a little skeptical about watching this show, as I don't know a lot of good Movie to Television conversions, not to mention it's on Network TV and I assumed it would be too tame.

I am also not a big fan of Dexter as I found the premise absurd. It seems to be playing to the fans of Dexter and True Detective, but I think its better than both just because of the depth of story that already existed previously.

BUT, I really enjoy the show. Mostly because of the psychology talk, the elaborate murder setups, and the character/actor of Hannibal himself. Plenty of gore for network TV thankfully.

Apparently they are going to use the show to re-shoot previous movies like The Red Dragon and even Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal, which should be really exciting. I also have to say it's probably the best role for Laurence Fishburne in ages.

Edited by Gakken85