Akibono Vs. Bob Sapp

robokochan

Well I don't know if many of you know who Akibono is (First American to reach the level of Yokozuna in Sumo Wrestling - The top). But last year he retired from Sumo. Anyway there is another extremely popular fighter that came from the U.S. - Bob Sapp - Pro Football player turned K-1 Fighter that won the hearts of everyone here in Japan. Anyway someone thought it would be a good idea to have these two face off. Now this is going to be the fight of the century because it is really difficult to tell who will win. Akibono weighs 240kg to Bob Sapp's 190 Kg.

I know it isn't exactly SF or Anime but man this is going to be good. The fight is on New year's Eve.

So the question is who do you think will win?

Akibono - Seasoned Sumo Wrestler - Very powerful and at the top.

Bob Sapp - Retired Pro Football player - Street-Fighter.

(Mods feel free to terminate this if you see fit. I just thought it was extremely interesting)

Rob MN

Watching TV last night were ya Rob? ;)

Hmm, ya know, I don't really get into K-1 at all. I thought Andy Hug was a pretty cool guy, but that's based only on when I saw him doing other things but fighting, yet I only recall watching about half of one K-1 match in my life. That being said, I used to love to watch sumo. The dorm cafeteria had a big TV and dinner at the perfect time to catch the last hour of any day's match, so all of us watched sumo. Takanohana, Wakanohana and Akebono were the only Yokozuna, Konishiki was still fighting (and losing) most of his matches, and Musashimaru just couldn't seem to pull things together to win a tournament. Ah... the memories. Any how, at that time I, very stupidly as I love the guy now, had a distaste for Konishiki and a fear of Akebono. The guy was a monster.

but that was 10 years ago... leg injuries, bad knees, and too much focus on knocking some one down rather than out are all gonna come back to bite Akebono in the ass I think. Not that I think Bob Sapp is all that... in fact I think in the Tyson vs. Sapp fight, I'd lay odds heavily on Tyson, not that I wouldn't like to have Bob kick his butt. I don't know, I guess we'll see come New Year's.

Edited by LePoseur

Yeah I watched alittle of that specail that was on. Man this is going to be a good fight. But I think Akibono will lose. He is Old, Bad Knees and watching him train last night was alittle sad. He is powerful and if he happen to get a sumo chop in..it will be done for ol Sapp. But if Bob S. gets a good shot into Aki's knee then it will be over. It's on in a few days and I personally can't wait. They are putting it on regular TV so I will probably tape it.

They both suck and gas out to fast

Well Akibono doesn't really suck...but I agree that they will both run out of Gas. That's what makes this such an interesting fight. Who will win? Who can last the longest. But one thing I can garuntee......that it will last longer than a Tyson fight. :lol:

Rob MN

Well in a star-studded event. Stevie Wonder was there, Mike Tyson was there and a few others. In a match that lasted 3 minutes between Akibono and Bob Sapp, the winner by Knock-out was.

Bob Sapp.

The fight was sad and pathetic. IMO it mad both fighters look bad. It was completely obvious that Bob S. wasn't even trying. He even let Akibono get a few good punches in. But one good shot to the chin and down he went like a big sack of potatos. Oh well...there is always teh rematch. They showed Mike Tyson after the fight and even he looked disappointed.

Thanks you Mods for putting up with this thread.

Rob MN