R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (Filmation Co-Founder)

areaseven

Lou Scheimer, famous animation producer, passed away on October 17. In 1962, Scheimer, along with Hal Sutherland and Norm Prescott, founded Filmation; we have them to thank for classics such as Fat Albert, Star Trek: The Animated Series, Bravestarr, and especially He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and its counterpart She-Ra, Princess of Power.

Although Filmation was notorious for cutting corners during production, you have to admit that you watched a whole bunch of their cartoons during your childhood. And without Filmation, we wouldn't have animators like Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jon Kricfalusi (The Ren & Stimpy Show).

Here's to an animation industry legend.

R.I.P. Filmation Co-Founder Lou Scheimer

The New Adventures of Flash Gordon, Jason of Star Command, Space Academy, Ark II, Shazam!, Isis, The Ghost Busters, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, The New Adventures of Batman.

All of these were shows I watched when I was a kid. Filmation was great. I really miss their stuff. R.I.P. Mr. Scheimer.

Yeah, great stuff.......

Seriously though, not trying to be disrespectful. A lot of the Filmation stuff was produced, of course, when most television productions, animated or otherwise, were produced on shoestring budgets. The people making the product were well aware of the fact that it wasn't too great, but it was simply the best they could do with the money they had and the resources at their disposal.

Personally, I think that this was some of their best stuff........

• azrael locked this topic