question on anime subtitles

Major Focker

is there a way to make external SRT subtitles display on both top and bottom of the screen on a Samsung TV? eg. dialogue at the bottom, song lyrics at the top

i'm streaming files from a NAS to the TV. the NAS isn't powerful enough to transcode at 720p with ASS subtitles. Samsung TVs on the other hand do not work with mkv embedded subs, hence the need for external subs in .srt, .sub, .smi, or .ttxt format

i've done some googling and tried the three edits below (edits in red)

00:04:46,080 --> 00:04:51,110
{\pos(250,10)}juuryoku hanpirei kazan mitai ni hikaru fin
00:04:46,080 --> 00:04:51,110 X1:40 X2:600 Y1:20 Y2:50
Inverted gravity. Shine like a volcano. Fin.
00:04:51,110 --> 00:04:56,690
{\an8}kimi wa shitten no atashi no beating heart
none worked. in the first one, the positioning code was displayed as part of the dialogue, and in the next two, they were completely ignored.
i used MKVcleaver to extract the ASS subs and then ASS2SRT to convert. the output SRT file had all the dialogue and timings from start to finish upfront, then the lyrics in the latter part beginning with line 257. i don't know if the problem is due to the dialogue and lyrics having overlapping timings, or if it's because the media player onboard the Samsung TV only handles basic SRT.
one alternative i can think of is to merge the dialogue and lyrics and just put the lyrics in quotes and one line below the dialogue. but i imagine that would be laborious, unless someone can recommend a nifty SRT editor.
appreciate any help. thanks