Interview with Tomo Sakurai (Mylene) circa 1996

VF5SS

Thanks to Macross Share for putting up the Mylene Graduation CD. It comes with a short interview with Mylene's voice actress Tomo Sakurai. No subtitles as of yet but if you wanted to see what she was like circa 1996 here's your chance. It was split into seven parts so I strung it together for convenience.

I didn't know where to stick the message Mylene gives to Sakurai san so I just stuck it at the beginning.

Pretty much fluff although its pretty hilarious how she is looking forward to finding out who Mylene will choose...hope she didnt hold her breath waiting for that one.

Compared to these days, where she normally puts on a more 80's idol-like persona for her (relatively few) public appearances, she was more 'normal' back then. Intonation-wise, her voice/way of speaking has some common elements with Mari Iijima which is probably why she can cover Mari's songs better (ie, closer to the original versions) than anyone else these days.

I'm hoping she sings something at the launch ceremony this weekend (although I doubt she will - after all, who needs singing when we are gonna have CAPTAIN MAX!).