Macross-ish 3d models

dialNforNinja

While I can't do much stuck in this potato again, here's a link to renders of some of the models that were on the dead laptop.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/battah21forelefttopx.png

Hitting the "next" link a couple dozen times will show you more views of the Skate and its HA-5 Harlequin heavy armor, the Raven variable bomber, and eventually the Scorpion and its Heavy Variable Armor, while "previous" leads to mostly less-Macross styled robots though I think the Drachenjaeger mkII is that way.

Edited by dialNforNinja

I'm really appreciating the Varauta / VF-4 / VF-14 vibe i get from your designs. It's also good to see a variable stealth bomber that actually manages to transform into a sleek stealthy shape (but i haven't yet worked out where the arms go in bomber mode).

The arms fold out flat into those long hexagons on the underside, with the hands inside the central body on either side of the bomb bay. It all physically works enough to build a toy, though with interpenetration rather than hollowing out most shapes.

Thanks for the comments! All the way Next is a long path, but there's a four piece super sentai combiner there based on the Four Gods of the Chinese zodiac, with an unfilled space for the Golden Emperor to be an alternate face. I'm quite proud of it also.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - in general service they'd be a sensible dark grey or camo green, but these are the "showpiece" models - the Drachenjaeger with its wildly unaerodynamic Sustained Unsupported Operations loadout actually has a bit of story to it, where one of the Varauta Hostile Animal Control aces has family aboard Galaxy, and when they come under attack pulls the showpiece tech demo Coralsnake armor out of storage and fits it to her avacado and taupe duty valk, loads for soloing Protodeviln, and heads out like

Dyson just in time to sortie with SMS when Sheryl hires them. A Raven acting as fold tender to a wing of Skates from the colony defense force and the VHAC founder's wing in the #1-4 delivered Type 16 then follow to collect their wayward pilot and get caught up in the fun since VHAC is used to enemies requiring SES equipment to deal with. Animal experiment stage precursors of the full up Evil series, not possessed but with similar barriers and so on. Utterly non-canonical but good enough for rpg'ing.

Edited by dialNforNinja