Help a Noob Build a 1/72 VF-25G in Red / Miria Colors

kyan

Hey,

I'm really new in building these things and hope someone can help me out here for a bit.

I recently got the 1/72 VF-25G kit locally for a good price and was very happy to find a lot of websites with tons of info on how to build it, properly paint it, and more. Also found a lot of english manuals for the other fighters from the series as well.

I'm not really planning on getting all planes from the series since I've always been more of a fan of Max and Milia colors. So I was really bummed when Macross Frontier ended without a red VF-25

I was randomly searching google when I found a PSP game that has a red VF-25, but it's quite blurry... (It's at 2:28)

http://www.youtube.c...JFnPwudA#t=148s

post-14991-0-20133500-1339433826_thumb.png

Would anyone have a clearer photo of that or maybe line art of sorts? I'm planning on getting another VF-25 and maybe try my luck on doing a custom color and have it painted red. From what I'm seeing, maybe I can get another VF-25G and just replace all blue parts with red paint. I'm not sure about the decals, but since there's no official plane, I'm content enough with using the decals from Michel's VF-25G.

If there's an existing forum or project similar to this one, kindly send me the link.

Thanks!

I'm actually planning to make a red Millia VF-25 as well. One thing though - Mikhail's VF-25G kit is pre-colored in blue so it's going to be a bit difficult to turn everything into red. Might be easier to use Alto's white VF-25 as the base and simply swap and repaint the head.

Edited by Vifam7

Thanks for the tip Vifam. You have a thread that I can follow on your red custom?

I guess if I'm to go for a custom paint job, the white base would be better.

Although, from what I can see (from the blurry pics), the decals would closely resemble the VF-25G so I'm thinking that I'll be able to use the decals from the kit. Or maybe even the stickers left over from my current VF-25G.

I'm not sure why the numbers on the wing reads "101" though, or where I would be able to get them as decals for that matter.

Also, I'm not sure if they're correct, but the people who have played the game say its a red VF-25S.

Either way, I'm not too worried about accuracy since it would be a custom work anyway.

Would you know what kind of specific color of red that would be in Tamiya acrylic? Or any other paint for that matter? So I have a reference to look up.

Thanks!

Edited by kyan

To tell you the truth, I too was planning to repaint the Mikhail VF-25G into a red color but midway through priming the pieces white, I realized it'd be a whole lot easier if I started with the Alto kit.

I'm using rattle spraycans, so I'll likely use Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red or TS-49 Bright Red (which I haven't been able to find locally or at Sprue Brothers). Not sure which is the better red to use.