Retail prices

Tonystarks

Hi all. Few questions, what are the retail prices for these bandai frontiers toys on ebay? Just want to know what is a desent price without getting raped.

Lastly why do most if not all say on eBay that their toys are 100% genuine? I would think it would be kind of hard to fake a Yamato or bandai. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

Edited by Tonystarks

Retail prices do not apply to Ebay. The retail price for the Bandai valks is 14,000 yen, roughly 173 USD at today's exchange rate. The market price (what they are going for on Ebay) is between $300-$350 (plus shipping) depending on which one you want.

In most people's opinion, they are not worth that price. You are better off buying an overpriced Yamato release than paying the Ebay price. Hopefully, the Bandai valks will be re-released at some point in the future. Keep tabs on the threads in this forum and hopefully you can get one when they are available for pre-order. For example, I got my VF-25F on pre-order for $158 USD shipped.

Yes, most people got a VF-25F renewal for a decent price, but if you were talking about VF-25S thinking in RRP terms goes out the window if you don't live in Japan, Hong Kong or Singapore. Hopefully, VF-25G and RVF will be less popular. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dimis

Yeah, if you missed the preorder windows, you pretty much have to a) pay the higher prices if you want one, or b) wait for a rerelease, which may or may not happen, and even when it happens, you have to be there to order during the preorder window. The YF-29 was rereleased almost a year later and the preorder for the re-release lasted all of a few minutes before it sold out.

My recommendation is that for these renewals, they are not worth $300 + shipping. The most I'd be comfortable paying is maybe $200 - $230 range. Every once in a while deals will come up. You just have to watch online boards like a hawk.