Help (Mesh artists)

alphatx.jpg

I've asked this very same question in my modeling program community and yet no answer but a ton of views on the topic.

This fighter model is dam near finished for a game mod I am working on but if you look at the front leading edge of the wing you an see a bleed threw from the under side working in. Now I recheck and double check my faces to make sure there was enough room between the upper and lower side but yet I still have bleed threw showing. Although its not much right now I have to opt to not snap most of the verts together on the leading edge of wings. If I do it I get a terrible bleed threw on the bottum in the form of a black pannel (face) which I know is the upper wing section bleeding threw to the bottum side.

Is there anything you guys can think of that might cause this? Odds are its just one vert I'm missing some where or its something I'm not thinking of.

Any help would be great.

Btw: I'm Milkshape to model with if you need that info as well.

Look on the left wing (aircraft's left, that is) - you can see that there is a z-buffer problem and the lower polygons are showing through...

... looks to me like a backface culling problem - I can never remember which state is which, but you want it so that backfaces are not drawn. If the normals on the wings are correct, then you shouldn't really see anything poking through...

Also, try not only snapping the verts, but also welding them. I'm sure you already know this, but you should always try to maintain a continuous mesh whenever possible. Z-buffer (depth rendering, sort of) problems can arise otherwise in many cases (polygons begin to show through, appear "meshed" with jagged edges in each other, etc)

Wireframes could also help us find the problem, since then we could actually see how you constructed the wings...

Thank you for your help guys.

It seems to be a welding issue with the model. For the most part I have only been snap vert'ing my meshes together for the past year. Never experimenting with the Welding and other functions of Milkshape. Hell up until a few weeks ago I was building fairly complex boxes to mesh stuff out with. When I could have saved tons of time with the sub-divide function.