Gundam: Path of the Soldiers clip

The recently released Char-edition Gamecube came with a trial version of the upcoming Gundam game for the gamecube, and a 7MB clip of the gameplay was recently released. Download it here: http://age.tubo.80.kg/upl2/img/165.zip

Looks like fun, nice graphics and presentation. The strategy element looks cool, though it's hard to tell how much there is to it.

Looks retarded. Every time you want to issue a special command, instead of pressing some button-combination, you have to pause the action and go to a menu system.

Anyone who's played Rise from the Ashes on the Dreamcast knows how stupid such a system is because it kills the pacing while taking all the fun out of playing a game that's supposed to be fast and furious. They got rid of the clumsy design with later action releases like Journey to Jaburo and Lost War Chronicles... or so we thought.

I don't know.... I keep hoping that Bandai will release a decent version of SD Gundam on a new generation console (Neo sucked), as they are far better games then those 3D action games will ever be. I guess I will have to settle for SD Gundam G Generation Advance and a Game Boy Player. :(