Removing applied decal suggestions

Jefuemon

So, I'm building a Hasegawa YF-21, and I need a little help. I've already applied the canopy decal (using Mr. Mark Setter), but I screwed up along the line, and now have to remove it, and just paint it (which I should have done to begin with). I've got most of it off, but there's some stubborn areas. Any suggestions on easier removal of an already set decal? Thanks!

Yes, tape works. That's what got me into this trouble to begin with!

I have never seen any Testors products in Japan, which is a small shame, since I like their Model Master Gunmetal better than the Tamiya. However, looking at the MSDS of the ELO, I'm wondering if just some enamel thinner on a Q-Tip will help me for the small, stubborn areas I've got left. I'll try it out, and post results.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!

don't know if easy-off oven cleaner will work. it's what i use to strip paint and chromed part. test it on a unwanted model cockpit first to make sure it doesn't ruin the clear piece. there should be an oven cleaner product in japan...???

there should be an oven cleaner product in japan...???

If we used ovens, there should be. ;) Very little baking goes on in the home over here. Most places don't even come with an oven. People usually by one separately (about the size of a large microwave oven), or their microwaves come with an oven feature. The oven here never even got used until my wife and I moved back in with her mom, and she's been here since 2000 or so.

So, back to topic, paint thinner DOES NOT work. All it does is frost the clear part.

post-12411-0-53594200-1312008700_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-40809800-1312008715_thumb.jpg

However, with some very delicate scraping, I managed to get it removed. Mask it and paint it, and I've now got something I can live with.

post-12411-0-15572300-1312008774_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-17352400-1312008792_thumb.jpg