Music News & Concert Dates

Tochiro

Well, I'm sitting here at my computer trying to get some work done on old event reports (the BIG ONE is commin' soon!) and it just hit me - summer concert season is almost upon us! Every year I get questions from people asking when or where they can see Macross performers while in Japan, so I thought I'd put together a list of what is coming up. Please keep in mind that these dates are only for Tokyo events (often part of tours that include Osaka, Sapporo, etc) and theres no guarantee that tickets are available. If anyone is planning a trip to Japan though, you might want to try to fit one of these into your schedule :-)

May 21 - Chie Kajiura (FINISHED)

May 21 - Yoshiki Fukuyama 2 day 20th anniversary concert. (FINISHED)

May 22 - Yoshiki Fukuyama 2 day 20th anniversary concert. (FINISHED)

June 4 - Megumi Nakajima

July 24 - Yoshiki Fukuyama Acoustic Live Part 1 (SOLD OUT)

July 30 - Mari Iijima (noon and evening performances)

Sept 25 - Yoshiki Fukuyama Acoustic Live Part 2

In related news, the May 21-22 Fukuyama concert will be released as a DVD. Details are tba but the DVD recording has been officially announced.

On April 6th, Fukuyama's newest album 'Synapse' was released.

On April 27th, Fukuyama's best of album '20th Flight Rock' was released - it contains 3 CDs and a DVD (and aint cheap ^^; )

Check out Fukuyama tv ep 4 on Youtube - I recommend watching from about the 5.30 mark, altho theres some footage of a girl doing some Macross karaoke in Argentinia earlier in too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhc8Vw-Hko0&feature=player_embedded

Will update as more is announced. Tochiro out.

Edited by Tochiro

Got my ticket for the May 22nd gig, should be good. Yoshiyuki Furuya will be a guest performer. I doubt I can make it to any of the others, though.

Here's a link to one of the new songs: Fukuyama - "Party"

Looking at some of the feedback to the new album on amazon, it seems like overall people are enjoying it, but some people are put off by the "rawer" sound compared to his more recent stuff. "OMIGOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALL ROCK FROM START TO FINISH!!!!11" There're complaints that it just sounds like a live album, which it's close to actually, since it had already been stated that most of the songs were recorded in one take this time, to capture the spontaneous energy. But it's like, "no, we want the overproduced stuff, please". :rolleyes: Isn't bloody JAM Project enough for these people?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add, May'N ("Nakabayashi Mei") would be having her Unite Asia Concert Tour at the following time and places :-

1. Shanghai - 13 May 2011

2. Guangzhou - 15 May 2011

3. Seoul - 21 May 2011

4. Taipei - 27 May 2011

5. Hong Kong - 29 May 2011

6. Singapore - 4 June 2011

UNITE FOR JAPAN !!!

I am happy that Mari Ijima would be having a concert in Tokyo as well :)