Aquarists a Hobby

Snail00

Anyone here into Aquariums?

I have a question for some real pros

I have usually kept large predatory fish. I kept the tank empty very clean with a couple of Large Silver Arowana and a red tail Catfish. Never a problem. I have a 100G tank. I have UV filter, Penguin biowheel 350, Fluval 405, Powerhead 802 Undergravel (on the other end I have I have larger powerhead feeding the UV filter and intake from undergravel, Rena Filstar XP4, a hydor Aerator, and a hydor KORALIA MAGNUM powerhead

My fairly new African Cichlid setup the Fish keep dying. why?

1. Filtration Check

2. Water change Check

3. PH check

4 temperature check

5. appropriate environment for species check

6. water change check

7. No overstock check

Fish show NO signs of external infection or illness. 2 weeks ago I lost my electric Blue Frontosa.

forgive me my nomenclature of African Species names is pretty bad but I think its compressiceps first showed signs of going pale and not eating. I noticed its fecal matter was white instead of brown. It gasped for breath more than other fish but showed no nervous behavior and it didn't hide. When I finally fed the fish blood worms he ate and looked he was better. All of a sudden I saw him today with the infamous floater symtoms as if the bladder were infected by parasites or bacteria. I had put him in an isolation tank today added some salt (not a lot) and added Pimafix and metafix. He is alive but lost total control of the bladder. He is now swimming upside down but has more life to him.

Anyone know what this could be. This has me perplexed. I mean I have a Male Sunshine Peacock that lost his eye due to territorial battles and still living healthy after one year with one eye!??? WTF man! 2 large perfectly health fish the Frontosa and compressiceps and they just die.

Any Aquarist know what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Snail00