Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighters Volume 2.

RosesToReqium

Hello,

First of all I'd like to say Im new and I've loved Macross since my childhood. Now let's get down to buisness...

I was told by Mr. Macross that the Bandai Macross Fighter Collection Volume II was discontinued?

I'd just like to know why.

I'm very keen to get my hands on it!!

So If anyone could help by selling me a set/or their doubles I'd really appreciate it.

Love & Peace

REQIUM

I was told by Mr. Macross that the Bandai Macross Fighter Collection Volume II was discontinued?

I'd just like to know why.

Saying something is 'discontinued', implies that it was in constant production. Macross and other niche toys usually do not sell enough that they are in constant production.

Usually with Macross toys, the production run size is relatively small, say for example around 15,000 to 25,000pcs or sets (sometimes even as low as 5,000pcs), which only takes the factory a short time to produce (a few weeks). So technically, by the time the toys reach the retail store or eStore, the production has already stopped.

Some people have this misconception, that the production line runs 24/7, all day every day, churning out a neverending stream of toys. This is not the case.

If a first production run sells well and the manufacturer gets enough requests from their distributors and wholesalers, they may commission a second production run.

It seems like possibly series 2 of the Macross Fighter Collection did not sell quite as well as series 1 and 3 as at least here in Hong Kong, I see more loose series 2 figures than series 1 or 3.

Graham