VF-X: Experimental valkyrie models

leading edge

This topic is about modeling innovations and refinements which can benefit the Macross World Forums' Building/Customizing Macross Models & Toys and to promote an free exchange of ideas between talented builders and their creations. I hope to generate discussions and tips on how to make our models the very best they can be.

To start the things off I've got an idea to improve the rapid fabrication of parts without the aid of expensive tools. Templates schematic view, top, front view. these include the basic dimensions of almost any object. 1st draw out image via your computer or photoshop then approximate an image three different ways top, front, and schematic view. these will give the basic dimensions needed to create a simple object. Here are a few examples. the destroid shows the basic dimensions necessary to make a simple "cutout" shape. When I make anything I tend to use my jeweler's calipers and a standard 12 inch ruler to measure and test the size of parts I need to replace or make. As you can see after cutting the shape you eliminate at least 60% of the work you need to do to finish a piece. The anything left is to shape an polish the piece to make sure the details are all there" (I tend to use either foam styrene or Industrial clays to finish and shape a piece)

post-12728-12751530966_thumb.gif

Edited by leading edge