comment on the transformable bandai vf-1s kit?

JET7

This model might be quite difficult if you are beginner.

It is not a snap-together assemble. It requires full glueing and painting.

It comes with two interchangeable cockpit - nose cone parts. One use for Battroid mode,

and one use for Fighter-Gerwalk mode.

This is a re-released package from 90's but the original kit was released around '83

and back then it was the best transforming kit.

Some of the nice thing about this kit is that it comes with die-cast landing gears with real rubber tires. Other than that it requires a lot of works and skills.

I assembled and painted Milia version about 15 years ago. It is a fun kit.

If you can find it around $15~$20 you should try it.

It was also released in Revell's ROBOTECH line as "Vexar". Personally, I really like the kit. It reminds me a great deal of the V1 Yamato Valk toys as far as proportions and details are concerned.

HLJ still has it in stock for about $25 USD, with a good selection of pics: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953433

Missiles with the pylons in snug poly-caps (lots of poly-caps and metal bits in this kit), and plenty of clear parts, including lights, mono-eye and cockpit. The cockpit is also well detailed.

As Daisuke said, though, it is a challenge to build. But it's cast in white, so if you're not into filling and repainting, you could build it a bit more easily just using the cast color and detail painting. Also as mentioned, you have to remove the cockpit and replace it with one containing a closed blast-shield and leg-posts. It doesn't mount the gun-pod in figher mode. But it does retract the hands propely, and it is very nicely articulated.

(I was just given a vintage Robotech version by a friend, and I'm really looking forward to building it as a replacement for the one I had in the 80s.)

It was also released in Revell's ROBOTECH line as "Vexar". Personally, I really like the kit. It reminds me a great deal of the V1 Yamato Valk toys as far as proportions and details are concerned.

HLJ still has it in stock for about $25 USD, with a good selection of pics: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953433

Missiles with the pylons in snug poly-caps (lots of poly-caps and metal bits in this kit), and plenty of clear parts, including lights, mono-eye and cockpit. The cockpit is also well detailed.

As Daisuke said, though, it is a challenge to build. But it's cast in white, so if you're not into filling and repainting, you could build it a bit more easily just using the cast color and detail painting. Also as mentioned, you have to remove the cockpit and replace it with one containing a closed blast-shield and leg-posts. It doesn't mount the gun-pod in figher mode. But it does retract the hands propely, and it is very nicely articulated.

(I was just given a vintage Robotech version by a friend, and I'm really looking forward to building it as a replacement for the one I had in the 80s.)

thanks for the reply guys, its around $30+ in my country..

ive done 2 kits already

http://jet7-toysnparts.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-bandai-macross-build-kits-zen-of.html

do you think with my previous builds.. i can do it? im afraid of messing things up.. im a fast buider..the heck even if i skip lunch to dinner..i just want to finish it asap.

any links where i can see a completely built up of this kit?

I really like these kits. I think they strike a very good balance of proportions in all three modes and the detailing was awesome for it's day. I think these kits still hold up pretty well and I would encourage you to give it a try.

One thing you say worries me a bit though. You say that you are a fast builder and will try to not stop and just keep building until finished. These kits require some patience. They have so many moving parts and joints, that you really need to take the time to get all the parts lined up properly during assembly and you need to be as sparing as possible with the glue. The glue needs to fully cure on each part so that you don't stick two moving parts together. Looking at your other builds, it looks like you could move on to one of these more complicated kits, but it is just soooo important to take your time with them and make sure each step is completed cleanly and properly before moving on.

I think if you take the time and care to assemble those kits cleanly, then you will really be rewarded with a nice model. If you want more tips or advice, be sure to post here and show your progress. Everyone here is very helpful and we have some really great model builders here. Just ask, and someonw will be able to help your with any questions you may run into during your building. And remember...just have fun with it! :)

i've got both the 1985 BANDAI reissue of the FOKKER -1S,

and the original 1983 IMAI edition of the fodder VF-1A....

DSC_2165.jpg

i traded a collection of lesser TRANS FORMERS for several items, including both of these kits,

at a long gone toy collector's shop in PORTLAND,OREGON called "BILLY GALAXY" back around 2001/2002ish.

the 1S was completely assembled but unpainted,and the 1A was an unstarted kit.

i had to disassemble the 1S' engine/leg units, as the previous owner had the landing gear

backwards. i was bored one day, and started and mostly finished the 1A. never got around to

placing the decals, though. kind of lost interest after buying a YAMATO 1/60 v.2.

the YAMATO 1/60 II will always be king in my book,

i despise "PARTS-FORMERS" especially parts-forming Valkyries. but this thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33226

has really got me looking back at these old kits now with wistful nostalgia...

Edited by Shaorin