The Macross World Trivia Thread

areaseven

Here it is - the official Macross World Trivia Thread. If you've participated in the Anime Trivia Thread (found at the Other Anime & Science Fiction section), you'll be familiar with the rules. For everyone else, here are the rules:

- First person to answer the trivia question correctly gets to post their question.

- Questions can be multiple-choice, fill in the blank, or Jeopardy!-style questions in the form of an answer (this means answers have to be in the form of questions).

- Questions must be answered within 12 hours. If the question remains unanswered, the person who posted it will answer it and post another question.

- Unlike the Anime Trivia Thread, only Macross-related questions are allowed on this thread. Direct influences on the Macross series (i.e. aviation, production staff, movies that inspired the series, etc.) are allowed.

- Questions directly related to Robotech are not allowed.

And now, here's the first question:

Which TV network first broadcast Macross in Japan?

Mainichi Houzou, or MBS. I'll take characters for $300, Alex. :p

OK, here goes:

What impressed the casting directors with Mari Ijima (above and beyond her singing) that prompted them to give her the role of Lynn Minmay?

OK, here goes:

What impressed the casting directors with Mari Ijima (above and beyond her singing) that prompted them to give her the role of Lynn Minmay?

The fact that she had composed her own song and sang it at the audition. The song was "Cinderella".

Do I get extra points for mentioning that it features in episode 4 of the TV show, in the movie, in FlashBack 2012 and is a track on Mari's second album, Blanche? Or do I just get branded a geek? :(

Ya think you're pretty smart, dontcha Trebeck? What with your dago mustache and your greasy hair!

I thought I just got through telling you, Mr. Connery...

OK, here goes:

The fact that she had composed her own song and sang it at the audition. The song was "Cinderella".

Do I get extra points for mentioning that it features in episode 4 of the TV show, in the movie, in FlashBack 2012 and is a track on Mari's second album, Blanche? Or do I just get branded a geek? :(

Sorry, I almost forgot :rolleyes: Renato, your answer was absolutely correct! :)

I'll take anal bum cover for $500.

Thats an album cover you idiot.

I can read, Trebek! It says "anal bum cover." I spent the last five years trying to invent an anal bum cover, not succeeding was my greatest regret!

OK, check this -- Straightforward "True or False?".

1) Veffidas Feaze (M7), Akiko Hojo (M7) and Kate Masseau (M+) are all played by the same voice actress.

2) Miho Miho (M7), Shamii Milliome (SDF-M) and the Flower Girl (M7) are played by the same voice actress.

3) Bobby (M7), Goram (M7) and Hikaru Ichijou (SDF-M) are all played by the same voice actor.

4) Gigil (M7), Dr. Chiba (M7) and Yang Neumann (M+) are played by the same voice actor.

5) Physica Fulcrum (M7), Edgar LaSalle (M0) and Gavil (M7) are played by the same voice actor.

6) Max Jenius (M7), Max Jenius (SDF-M), and Marje Gueldoa (M+) are played by the same voice actor.

Enjoy!

1. - False

2. - False

3. - False

4. - False

5. - False

6. - True

Wrong.

Time up.

The correct answer was...

1) True -- The seiyuu in question was Urara Takano .

2) False.

3) True -- The late, great Arihiro Hase. His role as Bobby was an in-joke: as we know, Bobby was to play the role of Hikaru in the "Lynn Minmay Story" dramatisation in Macross 7.

4) False -- Because Dr. Chiba is the odd-one out. Both Gigil and Yang are played by Tomohiro Nishimura. So it is actually "2/3 true".

5) False -- Again, only 2/3 true: Gavil and Physica are both played by Akio Suyama, but not Edgar.

6) True.

Next question: Ichirou Itano and Shouji Kawamori hit it off really well when they first met because they had something in common. Itano, Kawamori and one of the main SDF Macross characters all share the same home region within Japan.

Name it.

Next question: Ichirou Itano and Shouji Kawamori hit it off really well when they first met because they had something in common. Itano, Kawamori and one of the main SDF Macross characters all share the same home region within Japan.

Name it.

Okinawa or Yokohama

Next question: Ichirou Itano and Shouji Kawamori hit it off really well when they first met because they had something in common.  Itano, Kawamori and one of the main SDF Macross characters all share the same home region within Japan.

Name it.

Okinawa or Yokohama

No definately Okinawa

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Next question: Ichirou Itano and Shouji Kawamori hit it off really well when they first met because they had something in common.  Itano, Kawamori and one of the main SDF Macross characters all share the same home region within Japan.

Name it.

Okinawa or Yokohama

No definately Okinawa

Is that your final answer?

The competition between the two companies in Macross Plus parallels a competition for the US Military. What was this competition?

Edited by Capt_Bob

Simple: It was the Air Force/Navy competition for the Advanced Tactical Fighter between Northrop-Grumman's YF-22 and Lockheed-Martin's YF-23 (which became the F-23 Raptor)

OK...now for a Jeopardy-style question...

In the catagory of "characters:"

"They were originally named 'Aki' and 'Sai'."

Remember to please phrase your answer in the form of a question. :)

That is correct. and the board is yours, remembering that it's "S-words," and not "swords." :)

Ok, another Minmei one. The Lynn Minmei character was based on an WWII song, sung in English by the German-born Marlene Dietrich, that disregarding sides or ideology became a hit with both the Allied and Axis, at least in the European Theater.

What is the name of the song? :ph34r: