Maxtype's 1/48 VF-19A+ "Pukin' Dawgs"

Maxtype

Okay Everyone, I've given the kit a bath & scrub in good warm soapy water, and I'm ready to start!

No pix yet, maybe later today, but I'm building the Hasegawa 1/48 YF-19 as an operational VF-19A+ from SVF-143 "The Pukin' Dawgs". I'm using Jasmine Models Photo etch set for the YF-19, purchased from our very own newca, :) plus Fightertown Decals for the Pukin' Dawgs markings and probably some anime girl nose art I got from Starship Modeler.

I believe there are no external differences between a YF-19 and a VF-19A, if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please let me know!

I'm also planning this as a diorama, showing a somewhat weary NUNS -19 undergoing pre-takeoff checks sometime in 2060.

This is mainly an excuse to put a simple base under the VF to protect it, and a few figures for detail and interest. :)

The VF-19A+ paint-scheme will be similar to a modern day FA-18E, overall light or medium gray, maybe a little less worn than a jet.

Pix soon!

Thanks Micky. :)

Things are going well. I have a little time to internet, but I'd hate to be arm deep in a kit if she needed me.

Back to normal soon, it looks like. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the potentially obvious question but...why do you wash the kit in warm soapy water?

This is to remove any oily residue on the parts, which will potentially ruin a paint job. When parts are molded, the casting molds are coated with a thin, greasy layer for the parts to slide off of them, much like how pots and pans are coated with Teflon [tm] to keep food from sticking.

• 2 weeks later...